While rAge was all the rage last weekend (and you can get all the information about it here), it’s time to start looking at what else happened – or at the very least is going to happen in South African gaming.
Here are a few articles you may have missed elsewhere:
- Zombiegamer: The rAge Wrap
- Zombiegamer: Profiled: Mayhem
- ACGL: Top 5 Plays of the Month | September
- Critical Hit: The FPB wants Steam to pay up to R3.17 million to sell games in South Africa
- Critical Hit: The Xbox One X will be available in time for Xmas with a limited pre-order price of R7499
- Kwesé Gamer: Orlando Pirates gets in on esports action
- Mega8: The South African DOTA Diary: What does this button do?
- MWEB GameZone: Attend the MWEB GameZone Free-For-All Soccer Tournament – all the details and prizes
- MWEB GameZone: The FPB will demand Steam pay them to sell digital games in SA
- MWEB GameZone: Xbox One X pre-orders open in SA and you need to hurry
- NAG: Xbox One X pre-orders are now open in South Africa
- NAG: Podcast: Episode 60 – All the rAge and Mega8
- Orena: Orena Champions Series – Key Updates!
- Red Bull: The exclusive blackpoisoN interview
- SA Gamer: The Xbox One X to launch at end of this year in SA, retailing at R7499
- Tech Girl: South African Esports Viewership Debate – My 2 Cents
ACGL have some online tournaments this weekend for Rocket League, FIFA 18 and Injustice 2. Details can be found here. There will also be another round of tournaments from next week, so be sure to check in via the link.
There’s a couple of other activities happening this weekend around the country, especially up north. In fact, only up north.
- Xbox Playdates ZA are hosting their playdates series throughout September. The Thursday evening events start at 8pm, while the Friday F1 events begin at 9pm. You can get more information here about the regular gaming play dates.
- 12th – F1 2017
- 19th – Overwatch
- 20th – F1 2017
- 26th – Forza Motorsport 7
- 27th – F1 2017
- DeeTwenty is hosting a Tekken 7 ‘Mini-Tournament’ on Friday the 13th. There’s a R55 cover charge for the event which starts at 5pm in Randburg. Additional details can be found here.
- Maingaming is hosting a FIFA 18 tournament in collaboration with Adidas on Saturday (14 October). The tournament kicks off at 10am at the Cambridge Commercial Park in Johannesburg and will feature around R2,750 in vouchers as prizes. Entry is limited to 64 players. Additional information is available here.
- Orena have week four of their Street Fighter V season happening this Saturday. The action takes place at their venue in Emperors Palace from 10am. Up for grabs come the end of the season is R20,000. Interested combatants should head to the event page for more information.
- On 20 October, MWEB is hosting a FIFA 18 event in Cape Town, but to gain entry, you need to sign up. So sign up here and now.
Remember to keep these days open for some upcoming action a little further in the future:
- 28 to 29 April 2018: FanCon
- 27 to 29 July 2018: EGE
- More 2017 Gaming and Geek Expos can be found here.
Competitions & Giveaways
Gaming industry fastest growing form of entertainment and business
by SABC Digital News
CS:GO Deeper with Aperture PC Ep5 (Apocalypse & Profeci)
Full Tilt – Ep 1: Africa’s biggest weekend in Esports
by Online Arena
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to cover it.