Multichoice has announced that the DStv Now app is available on one of the current generation consoles. Yes, South Africans can now stream DStv via the Xbox One. If you don’t already have a Google-certified media player or supported Smart TV at least.
You will need to have an account with DStv to use the app. You may also find it’s (currently) easier to find on the Xbox.com website than the console. Once you’ve ‘got’ the app there, you can download it on your console. On launching the DStv Now app you will be given a code, that you will have to input on the DStv website. At that point you should be good to go.
These are now the devices supported by the DStv Now app:
- Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X
- Hisense smart TVs (selected models from 2018)
- Samsung smart TVs (selected models from 2015 onwards)
- LG smart TVs (models running webOS 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0)
- Apple TV (4th gen and up)
- Media players running Android TV (Google-certified devices only)