If we’re brutally honest, Call of Duty Ghosts just didn’t do it for us the way previous Call of Duty titles had, and there’s a small part of us pretty damn glad to see the season drawing to an end. To mark the end of the Ghosts season, we’re going to host one more LAN event, and we’re also doing it with a conscience.
On 4 October – one week before the DGC finals at rAge and two weeks before the MWEB GameZone Masters Series grand finals – we will be saying goodbye to Ghosts with the C4 LAN, or the ‘Call of Duty for Children with Cancer Charity LAN’. But we’ll call it the C4 LAN because it’s not such a mouthful.
All entry fees from the teams will be donated to charity, as will proceeds from a number of raffles we will host on the day, so spectators and supporters are welcome to attend. We will also be donating an Xbox 360 console to charity. And this is where we get a little cocky. We challenge other members of the South African gaming industry (distributors, sites, etc.) to donate something too (or even sponsor the prizes for the event…). Stop throwing buckets of ice water over yourselves and just give…
The LAN tournament will be restricted to 12 (twelve) teams, and we’d suggest pre-registering to secure your spot.
- Date: Saturday 4 October 2014
- Time: 11:00am to 11:30am – Registration. 12:00pm until finished – Matches.
- Where: Trenchtown, 92 Station Road, Observatory, Cape Town
- What: Ghosts (4v4).
- Cost: R100 per team. For an additional R30, you can get a Margherita Pizza. These will be available on request with the Admin team on the day. Pre-registrations will close at 5pm on Friday, 3 October 2014.
The prize pool is still to be confirmed, but rest assured, it will not match the prize pools on offer at DGC and MWEB GameZone’s events because we’re only poor zombies who scare human sponsors…
To help generate additional funds to donate to charity, we will be running two raffles at the event (which we will say now that we will extend if we feel support has been unsatisfactory). For R10 per entry you can stand the chance to win a hamper, with all proceeds going to charity.
- Hamper: A Zombiegamer t-shirt, a Call of Duty painting by Rebel Monkey Photography and Painting, a Call of Duty embroidered artwork by Krafts by Witch Knight and a Tattoo voucher.
Both hampers are valued at around R1 000 each.
Please bring along your copy of Call of Duty Ghosts for Xbox 360. While copies of the game will be available for use, these will be limited. All other necessary equipment (except headsets) will be supplied, however, if you would prefer to bring your own controllers and headsets, please feel free to do so.
Players under the age of 18 are welcome, but we will require a letter of consent (we will supply a standard letter if required) to be brought along, and players under 18 will be clearly marked on the day to ensure no naughty attempts at acquiring alcohol is attempted. In fact, anyone caught drinking underage or assisting with purchasing for underage players will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
Please note that there will be a standard terms and conditions in effect on the day to ensure a fair and honest tournament.
If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zombiegamer operates a ‘fair play’ policy. No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated. The Admin or Referees decision is final. Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event. Additional terms and conditions will be made available on www.zombiegamer.co.za. By signing this you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please note that we will no longer delay the start of events indefinitely. Should you not arrive on time and have not pre-registered, you can not participate. Should you pre-register and arrive late for your scheduled match (attempts to accommodate will be made) your opponent will be issued with a default win. Should that be in the loser’s bracket, you will be eliminated.
- Please note that bringing food and drink purchased off-site is forbidden unless cleared with venue management.
- Rules, Gamertags and other items relevant to the match setup not to be changed.
- Controller settings can be changed.
- Custom classes can be changed.
- Own headsets and controllers may be used.
- Setup times for controllers, headsets, etc. will be restricted to five minutes only.
- No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated.
- The Admin or Referees decision is final.
- Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event.
Teams Registered to date:
- MorZ: darian | Natkster | Looti | Zayd theLastJedi
- F34R: Rocky | DR3w | HazardZ | Frost
- Gravity Gaming: Yashen | Ahmed | Yaseen | Keanu
- Vinco: Pupsky | Sharp | QuiK | Irish
- ZeGa: ZeGa Stoner | ZeGa Puzzle | ZeGa Demon | ZeGa Yogi
- MorZ Nation: Wiaan | Shaun | Lofty | Gino
- ZYGER: Zubair | Ricky | Mikial | Junaid
- ConceptGamingHQ: LeVeLzZ CG | Blank CG | Concept Viibrem | M0NK3Y JUMP3R
- Team: TBC | TBC | TBC | TBC