rAge Cape Town has come and gone and now it’s time to reflect on it all.
The event was certainly not up to the scale and content of its Johannesburg cousin, and while I have said a fair amount on it all in an article on MWEB GameZone, I should point out that once rAge hits year two next year (and by all accounts, it will be returning), you can expect it to really hit its stride.
I was privileged to be able to work with some fantastic people over the weekend to bring the ASTRO Gaming Cup to life, so in that regard, it was an absolute success, but I am conscious of the fact that some didn’t see the value in their entry fee. It might be that the immediate value is not evident, but the support shown will mean Cape Town made itself known and that might be the real reward for your spend.
Anyway, if you missed out on rAge at GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World this past weekend, here’s the coverage, photos and more I could find from elsewhere. I will return and update the list as we discover things out there on the world wide web.
- Zombiegamer: Bravado Gaming take the Telkom DGL Masters at rAge Cape Town
- BizCommunity: [rAge2016] Michael James on the SA gaming space
- Brainwavez: What To Look Out For At The Inaugural rAge Cape Town – It’s Not As Dire As You Were Expecting
- Dexerto: South African Astro Gaming Cup Final Placements
- Fortress of Solitude: Bravado Gaming wins the Telkom DGL Master Series Final
- G3AR: Energy Academy at rAge Cape Town
- Geek Node: rAge 2016: For The Glory Of Digital Supremacy
- Geek Node: rAge Expo 2016: Girls in Gaming – Julia ‘Bish’ Robson
- Geek Node: rAge Expo 2016: Interview with Michael James
- Geek Node: Geek Node Podcast – Episode 21: Cape Town rAge with GeekA’pprove
- Geek Node: rAge Expo CT 2016: In Retrospect
- Geek Node: rAge Expo CT 2016: Unplug Yourself
- Geek Node: rAge Expo 2016: 5 Reactions to T-Shirt Terrorist
- Geek Node: rAge Cape Town 2016: Dark Carnival Goodies You Need To Grab!
- Geek Node: Inaugural rAge Event Excites And Delivers In The Cape
- IGN: rAge Cape Town to triple in size in 2017
- Lazygamer: rAge Cape Town: a Joburger’s perspective
- Lazygamer: rAge finally came to Cape Town, but did it live up to expectations?
- MWEB GameZone: rAge 2016 Cape Town – The pursuit of geeky happiness
- MWEB GameZone: rAge Cape Town… was it all the rage for you?
- MWEB GameZone: rAge 2016 Cape Town – eSports results recap
- MyGaming: NAG LAN rAge 2016 Cape Town – sweetest gaming rigs
- MyGaming: Best cosplay from rAge 2016 Cape Town
- MyGaming: Telkom DGL Masters Series heats up – Day 2 results
- MyGaming: Bravado Gaming win DGL Masters Series
- MyGaming: Epic photos from rAge 2016 Cape Town
- NAG: Community column: I had a dream (or: tales from a rAge first-timer)
- NAG: rAge Cape Town 2017 is going to be huge
- NAG: And your NAG Jam rAge Cape Town 2016 winners are…
- NAG: rAge Cape Town 2016: Interview with HWBot’s Timothee Pineau (Part 2)
- NAG: rAge Cape Town 2016: An interview with Boardgames.co.za
- NAG: The results from the HWBot OC World tour at rAge Cape Town are in!
- NAG: rAge Cape Town 2016: Interview with HWBot’s Timothee Pineau (Part 1)
- NAG: rAge Cape Town 2016: eSports round-up day 3
- NAG: rAge Cape Town 2016: An interview with Blowfish Entertainment
- NAG: rAge Cape Town 2016: An Interview with Skycastle Games
- NAG: rAge Cape Town 2016: eSports round-up, day 2
- NAG: rAge Cape Town 2016: Overclocking with HWBot, MSI, and Intel
- NAG: rAge 2016 Cape Town: eSports round-up Day 1
- Telkom Gaming: Bravado Gaming Secure the First Win of the 2016 Masters
- Tech Girl: South Africa’s sexiest esports Bachelors
- Zombiegamer: rAge Cape Town (Album 1)
- Bravado Gaming: Bravado Gaming at the DGL Masters at rAge-Expo Cape Town 2016
- IGN: rAge Cape Town Photo Gallery
- MWEB GameZone: rAge 2016 Cape Town
- NAG: rAge Cape Town 2016: Pics from the NAG LAN
- rAge: rAge Cape Town Day 1
- rAge: Cosplay at rAge Cape Town 2016
- rAge: rAge Expo Cape Town 2016
WOMEN OF rAge – CAPE TOWN | 2016
rAge CAPE TOWN | Day 1 to Day 3 – 2016
rAge Cape Town 2016
My thoughts on rAge Cape Town and the Telkom Masters Series
rAge 2016 in CAPE TOWN!
by Grant Hinds
The official press release has been, yes, released and promises that rAge will be “triple the size already by 2017.” This year saw 9,091 visitors through the doors of GrandWest Sun Exhibits which will form part of the larger event next year alongside the Arena and Market Hall.
[hide-this-part Morelink=”Show Press Release:”]
INAUGURAL rAge EVENT EXCITES AND DELIVERS IN THE CAPE
The really Awesome gaming expo (rAge) made its first appearance in Cape Town last week and the consensus from exhibitors, visitors and the organisers is: “We’ll be back!”
According to Michael James, owner and Senior Project Manager of rAge, “I was really pleased with the high level of enthusiasm and excitement with which rAge Cape Town was received. I’m extremely happy with the turnout, especially for an inaugural expo and LAN. The venue in my opinion worked very well, and for 2017 GrandWest management have informed us that they’ll have a lot more space for us to use and grow into. I believe it was a solid start and the future of rAge in Cape Town looks very bright.”
The 9,091 visitors didn’t disappoint the exhibitors who committed to the first event, and their presence brought much joy to gamers and geek enthusiasts in the Cape.
“We had a very successful rAge Cape Town. We were blown away with not only the number of people but also their enthusiasm. The visitors loved the games we showcased and for us it proved a unique opportunity to interact with people in Cape Town in a way we haven’t been able to engage them before. We’ll definitely be back. We were super pleased,“ says Ronelle Hendriks, Ster Kinekor Entertainment Independent Product Manager.
Karl Klöpfer, Marketing Manager of BT Games, added, “We were thrilled to be part of rAge Cape Town. It’s great to see the level of excitement of our Cape customers and the value they place in our brand and that of rAge. It may have taken a while for us to get to the Cape, but we hope that gamers in the region see how much we value them and their contribution to gaming in SA.”
The feedback from gamers who attended the NAG LAN was equally positive.
“A HUGE thanks to @rAgeExpo @MonsterGaming @nagcoza for making this weekend memorable. What an Amazing Event ?” – ?@Ventus__DreaMz
James concluded, “The overwhelming positive feedback (as well as some constructive criticism) we received will prove invaluable in evolving the expo. Now that we’ve established a footprint in Cape Town and have given the exhibitors a proven, professional and positive experience here, indications from the industry already are that even more brands will come on board next year with an ever bigger variety in future.”
“In terms of future growth in size – this year we took all the available space at GrandWest. For 2017, we have already booked the space we occupied this year, plus the GrandWest Arena and the additional Sun Exhibit space being installed later this year. So we’ll be triple the size already by 2017.”
Look out Cape Town – rAge 2017 is around the corner!
If you covered the rAge Cape Town weekend and would like to be added to this article, please let us know below or via email: email@example.com and we will be sure to add your link or video.