The eight contracted DGL teams kicked things off on Friday at the expo, and saw the teams slowly whittled down until only two were left standing on Sunday.
Semi-final one on Saturday saw Bravado face Carbon eSports team which they took 2-0 (albeit the per map scores were pretty close), and Aperture took their semi-final against Damage Control with the same scoreline.
The two teams then faced each other on Sunday in front of an expectant audience at the venue and online and it was a very close first map that Bravado took in overtime 19-17. However, Bravado upped their game on the second map and swept their opponents aside 16-2 to take the best of three final 2-0.
All eight teams shared in the R100,000 cash up for grabs, while the top four also secured Plantronics RIG 500 headsets.
- 1st Place: Bravado Gaming [R40,000]
- 2nd Place: Aperture Gaming [R20,000]
- 3rd/4th Place: Carbon eSports/Damage Control [R10,000 each]
- 5th to 8th Place: Flipsid3/Veneration E-Sports/White Rabbit Gaming/Xperts@Total.Chaos [R5,000 each]
- #TelkomDGL Masters: Winners Interview with Detrony! by Online Arena