And the winners are…
- Chad Groepies who bags the copy of Injustice 2
- Ashley Barnard who secures the Plantronics headset
Thank you to everyone that entered and for the ongoing support. We hope to do another giveaway soon.
**END OF UPDATE**
Happy birthday to us. Happy deathday to us. Happy… Alright, you get the idea. On 20 May 2009 Zombiegamer as it currently exists came to life and/or death. Having originally been around under the control of EvilRedZombie, an unholy alliance between two console clans took the wheel until real life saw the originals whittled down to Zombie Dredd and a revolving cast of contributors.
Since those early days, we have morphed into a South African focused news site and gaming event operator – neither being a sound ‘financial move’ frankly, but one that someone had to do. Over the years, we’ve had the honour of operating events for (or in conjunction with) MWEB GameZone, Electronics & Gaming Expo, UCON, Clan Connection, 2upGamers, The SA International Tattoo Convention, a variety of schools, shopping malls, birthday parties (yes, we can be rented) and a whole host more. In fact, chances are pretty good that – especially in Cape Town – we probably had (and lost) a finger in the gaming event you attended (even if you didn’t see us).
Some (hopefully partly interesting) Zombiegamer stats to the nearest few that we can recall:
- Over 10,000 articles posted
- Over 1,200 local interest articles
- More than 200 profiles about local gamers, clans and more
- Almost 200 weekly SA Gaming News Wrap articles
- Around 30 Call of Duty LANs since 2012
- Over 50 FIFA LAN tournaments
- Numerous other titles across numerous other events, BUT…
…you didn’t really come here to hear an old zombie ramble on. You came here to enter and win right? Well, that’s just cool by us, at least you popped in.
To celebrate our eighth birthday and ACGL’s belated second birthday, we’re doing a cross site thing to get you involved across as much zombie-related goodness as possible.
And to further embrace the crossover love-fest, we’re giving away a copy of Injustice 2 for PlayStation 4 (because there just happens to be a big tournament around it) as well as a Plantronics RIG500HS PlayStation 4 headset. Yes, that means two winners – one for the game and one for the headset, just because everything happens in twos for this eighth (erm, yes, other than that) birthday celebration.
We’re going to ask you to get all social, but due to the Facebook and Instagram rules, we can’t force you to like the pages you visit, but we would really like you to… because that way you keep up with all the things…
Some basic “rules” for the competition:
- The competition will close Wednesday 31 May at 11:59pm.
- We will randomly draw a winner from those that correctly complied with the competition requirements.
- The competition is open to residents of South Africa only.
A thanks to Ster Kinekor Entertainment for sponsoring the copy of Injustice 2 for our giveaway.