FIFA 16 fans, we have you covered at EGE 2016 (and for some, a few weeks before that).
Last year, one of the comments we took on board about the FIFA tournament was the sometimes long wait times between matches, so this year we have increased the number of legs and decreased the number of players per leg to ensure reducing the issue this year.
The tournament will be made up of a total of six legs – run across varying days and times to accommodate your available time – but all winners lead to Sunday afternoon for the grand finals.
The legs will comprise of one pre-expo event at Trenchtown [now completed] and five legs at EGE with the top two players per platform per leg heading into the aforementioned grand finals. Other than the Trenchtown event, the legs at EGE will be limited to 12 players per platform.
The tournament will be played on both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but players will play on their preferred platform all the way until the very end, when a home and away (ie. on both platforms) playoff will be used to determine the top four players.
Participants must register via the form below by selecting their preferred platform and leg. We request that if you register, you ensure you can make it as you will be taking away a slot from someone else who may be equally as keen to play in the time slot. You can also only pre-register for one leg (multiple pre-registrations will again take a slot away from another willing competitor), however, as walk-ins will be allowed (subject to meeting the entry fee requirements), unsuccessful players in a leg may try again – as long as the player cap is not yet met in the leg.
Entry to the EGE legs will require at least a weekend pass (R200 via Computicket) but players who do successfully apply for a second time will be required to pay an additional R100.
- Registration: Now open (Will close when the player cap per leg per platform is hit)
- Leg 1: 5pm on 29 July
- Leg 2: 11am on 30 July
- Leg 3: 1:30pm on 30 July
- Leg 4: 4pm on 30 July
- Leg 5: 11am on 31 July
- Playoffs and Grand Finals: 1pm on 31 July
- Players must please ensure that they have checked in at least 15 minutes before the start time
- Where: Cape Town International Convention Centre, Hall 3, Cape Town.
- What: FIFA 16 (1v1) on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Cost: R200 Weekend Pass
- Prizes: R10,000 Prize Pool.
- Please note: All necessary equipment needed to play will be supplied, but players may bring their own controllers. No converters will be allowed in the home and away component of the finals. Please also ensure you correctly disconnect your controller so as not to interfere with others later.
PLEASE NOTE: All pre-registrations are now closed. Walk-ins will be accepted at the venue up to the 12 player cap for both platforms.
- Please note that by registering you agree to the ‘House Rules and ‘Terms and Conditions’ set out below.
- Contact cell numbers will allow us to make contact with missing teams on the day and will not be made public.
- If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A registration confirmation email may take up to 24 hours to be sent out. If after that time you have not been confirmed, please feel free to email us.
Zombiegamer operates a ‘fair play’ policy. No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated. The Admin or Referees decision is final. Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event. Additional terms and conditions will be made available on www.zombiegamer.co.za. By signing this you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please note that we will no longer delay the start of events indefinitely. Should you not arrive on time and have not pre-registered, you can not participate. Should you pre-register and arrive late for your scheduled match (attempts to accommodate will be made) your opponent will be issued with a default win. Should that be in the loser’s bracket, you will be eliminated.
Registration fees are non-refundable if you do not attend on the day. Players only qualify for a refund of their registration fee if we are notified of non-attendance at least 48 hours prior to the day of the event.
- Please note that bringing food and drink purchased off-site is forbidden unless cleared with venue management.
- Rules, Gamertags and other items relevant to the match setup not to be changed.
- Controller settings can be changed.
- Custom classes can be changed.
- Own headsets and controllers may be used.
- Setup times for controllers, headsets, etc. will be restricted to five minutes only.
- No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated.
- The Admin or Referees decision is final.
- Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event.
Pre-Expo Qualifier Format
- Double elimination. Top two per platform into home and away playoffs for prize allocation.
EGE Tournament Format
- Legs: Groups of three per platform into single elimination.
- Playoffs: Groups of three per platform into single elimination. Top two per platform into home and away elimination.
Difficulty Level: World Class
Half Length: 5 minutes
Time/Score display: On
Home Auto Switching: User Settings
Away Auto Switching: User Settings
Referee: Card Strictness & Foul Strictness (both must be average)
Stadium: Neutral ground when no Home and Away leg is played
Game Speed: Normal
Goalkeeper Control: Players are allowed to use the TRIANGLE button only to control your Goalkeeper. You CANNOT touch pad button or ‘Select’ to control your Goalkeeper.
Replays: If you score a goal you cannot watch all 3 replays, once is fine.
Time Wasting: Should you be leading in a game and start passing around in the back you will be immediately disqualified. Please call a referee if you suspect your opponent is wasting time. Should you wait until after the game, the result will stay as is, as there is nothing for the admins to rule on.
Volume Settings: Default
Defending:Tactical Defending ONLY
Pass Power Assistance must be OFF
a) All teams allowed except for Classic XI and World XI
b) Same team allowed on both sides
c) If opponent chooses to play international it is up to you to play a club or international side
d) In a specific round (and when applicable) you have to play both legs with the team that you picked for the 1stleg
In the group phase, draws count.
In single elimination knockout, a result is required. If tied at full time, classic extra-time, followed by penalties.
Where applicable, should scores be tied after two legs, classic extra-time will be played, followed by penalties.
No cursing, shouting, bumping or distracting your opponent.
Pause the game only if you have the ball and have given your opponent a heads up if you are going to pause. Both players must agree they are ready to resume the match.
The ball must be passed back once before you can cross in to the opponents half, you cannot run in to his half straight from kick off.
If you set up your controller, please save it on temporary assigned slot.
It is up to you as player to check your controls before the game starts, the admins and organisers will not be held liable for controllers that are not set up.
Should a console freeze alert one of the admins. If it is still in the 1st half the game will be replayed full but the game continues from the score upon which the screen froze. If it froze in the 2nd half the game is restarted and only one half of the game is played and the score is as it was upon freezing of the console.
THE ADMINS RULING IS FINAL.
Sunday 17 July 2016 (Pre-Expo Qualifier):
- 1:00pm – Matches start
Friday 29 July 2016:
- 4:30pm – Leg 1 Registrations
- 5:00pm – Leg 1 Matches start
Saturday 30 July 2016:
- 10:30am – Leg 2 Registrations
- 11:00am – Leg 2 Matches start
- 1:00pm – Leg 3 Registrations
- 1:30pm – Leg 3 Matches start
- 3:30pm – Leg 4 Registrations
- 4:00pm – Leg 4 Matches start
Sunday 31 July 2016:
- 10:30am – Leg 5 Registrations
- 11:00am – Leg 5 Matches start
- 12:30pm – Playoff Check-in
- 1:00pm – Playoff Matches start
*Please ensure you check-in at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the legs.
Pre-Expo Qualifier Prize Pool:
- First Place – R750 + Entry to EGE
- Second Place – R500 + Entry to EGE
- Third Place – R250 + Entry to EGE
- Fourth Place – Entry to EGE
- The successful players of the pre-expo qualifier should note that the cost of transport and accommodation for the weekend of EGE is not part of the prize pool and is for your account.
Expo Prize Pool:
- First Place – R5,000
- Second Place – R3,000
- Third Place – R1,000
- Fourth Place – R1,000
- Rishay Moodley
- Tristan Naidoo
- AJ Francke
- Mnikelo Mkam
- Azisiwe Mkam
- Ikraam Cassim
- Dex Isaacs
- Ethan Lawrence
- Brandon Lawrence
- Eden de Allende
- Bradley Eybers
- Qashiem Louw
- Niel Greeff
- Ismail Sasman
- Hassan Sheikh
- Ilyaas Combrink
- asheer dollie
- Enrico Cottee
- Qaasim Hendricks
- Yashen Moodley
- Keanu Spencer
- Ashley Roman
- Jean Japtha
- Toufeeq Alexander
- Brent Tino Eybers
- jordan hendricks
- Muzammil mowzer
- Tanweer Fakie
- yazeed dollie
- Ryan Maxwell
- Yasin Mohsam
- Jarred Smith
- Mubashier Vallie
- Waseem Moerat
- Godfrey Eybers
- Qashiem Louw
- Mohammed Ibrahim
- Vj Vybez
- Sion Kas
- Taureq Abdurahman
- Phenyo Moremi
- Gosego Moremi
- aleem jacobs
- Prince Dumburashe
- Aziz Hendricks
- Energy eSports 1
- Energy eSports 2
- Bevan Booysen
- Shafiek Hendricks
- Chad Feltman
- Yacoob Yacoob
- Deniel Lalla
- Youlan Govender
- Lorenzo Fransman
- Naaib Vawda
- Rayarn Barnes
- Emilio Hartogh
- Byron Duplessis
- Energy eSports 3
- Shakeel Ingram
- Jarred Lee
- Brandon Bowers
- Ridhaa Sait
- muzammil mowzer
- Carl Smith
[efitems title=”Is there a limit to the number of players allowed to enter this tournament?” text=”Yes. A maximum of 12 players per platform per leg can enter the tournament.”]
[efitems title=”Prize Payments” text=”The prize payouts for the online qualifier will only be made at the same time as the payouts for the LAN event. The prize payouts for the event will be made by the EGE organisers, Impact Exhibitions. This payment may take up to 30 days after EGE to complete.”]
[efitems title=”What are the show dates and times?” text=”The expo itself will run from 10am to 7pm on Friday 29 July and Saturday 30 July. On Sunday 31 July it will be open 10am to 4pm. The competitive area will have specific times and schedules that will be detailed in the previous registration details.”]
[efitems title=”Is there cosplay at EGE 2016?” text=”Yes, there is. Details can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1722342784719852/”]
If you do feel compelled to make contact with us, we will do our best to answer you. Please be patient as there’s only so many hours in a day and we are also losing our workable limbs…
The following fine people will be working together to make EGE 2016 happen: