Did you think we would stop the party with Black Ops 2 and forget the fact that FIFA has played a crucial part in the last year of events at Trenchtown? Shame on you. We’re not that sort of zombie.
As part of the one year anniversary of events at Trenchtown, on 7 June we will be hosting a FIFA 14 tournament as well as being joined by the local Forza 4 Drift Community – TTSA.
At the event we will run a drive to support a local animal welfare organisation, so should you be so inclined, please bring along dog and/or cat food that we will pass along Animal Rescue Team.
- Date: Saturday 7 June 2014
- Forza 4: Registrations from 10:30am. Races from 11:00am to finish.
- FIFA 14: Registrations from 11:30am. Matches from 12:3opm to finish.
Group phase: 12:30pm to 2:30pm
Knockout phase: 3:00pm to finish
- Where: Trenchtown, 92 Station Road, Observatory, Cape Town
- What: FIFA 14 and Forza 4 (Drifting).
- Cost: R50 per player per game. For an additional R30, you can get a Margherita Pizza. These will be available on request with the Admin team on the day.
Please pre-register with your details via the contact form below. It is crucial to pre-register as entries for the FIFA will be limited to 32, and preference will be given to pre-registered players. Pre-registrations will close at 5pm on Friday, 6 June 2014.
The FIFA 14 tournament will be based on the format and teams of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Eight groups of four with the top two teams from each group heading into a single elimination knockout.
The tournament will therefore be limited to 32 players, and teams will be randomly assigned (via a draw) to the players on the day.
The tournament will be – due to logistics – restricted to Xbox 360 only. We will be able to supply one PS3 controller converter, but if you like, you may bring along your own and a controller. All equipment will otherwise be supplied.
Please note that should we not get 24 human players on the day, we will be allowed to alter the format and prizes, as the World Cup format requires 32 players and we feel the format will not work with at least three human players per group.
- 1st Place: R1250
- 2nd Place: R500
- 3rd Place: R250
- 4th Place: R100
Additional random prizes will be on hand for participants, so there’s a chance that you may not leave empty-handed if you see yourself knocked out in the early phases.
Thanks to the good humans at MWEB GameZone we will have some additional prizes on the day. Details will be revealed still, but support the supporters of the zombies by hitting them up on:
Cars with an HP limit of 700 and fitted with stock or street tires are eligible to compete on the Iberian Mini track.
Up for grabs are awesome prizes, as well as a raffle for spectators.
All screens, consoles, standard controllers and copies of the games will be supplied, however, should you wish to bring your own controller, please feel free to do so. You can also bring along your profile and any saves on a USB flash drive.
For more details, hit up the TTSA event page.
Players under the age of 18 are welcome, but we will require a letter of consent (we will supply a standard letter if required) to be brought along, and players under 18 will be clearly marked on the day to ensure no naughty attempts at acquiring alcohol is attempted. In fact, anyone caught drinking underage or assisting with purchasing for underage players will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
Please note that there will be a standard terms and conditions in effect on the day to ensure a fair and honest tournament.
If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Zombiegamer operates a ‘fair play’ policy. No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated. The Admin or Referees decision is final. Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event. Additional terms and conditions will be made available on www.zombiegamer.co.za. By signing this you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please note that we will no longer delay the start of events indefinitely. Should you not arrive on time and have not pre-registered, you can not participate. Should you pre-register and arrive late for your scheduled match (attempts to accommodate will be made) your opponent will be issued with a default win. Should that be in the loser’s bracket, you will be eliminated.
- Please note that bringing food and drink purchased off-site is forbidden unless cleared with venue management.
- Rules, Gamertags and other items relevant to the match setup not to be changed.
- Controller settings can be changed.
- Custom classes can be changed.
- Own headsets and controllers may be used.
- Setup times for controllers, headsets, etc. will be restricted to five minutes only.
- No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated.
- The Admin or Referees decision is final.
- Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of 2upGamers and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event.