We’ve taken some time off since our last major tournament at EGE, but we’re getting slowly back into the swing of things with a FIFA 15 tournament at Trenchtown on Saturday 25 July.
The tournament will be run on both Xbox One and Xbox 360 and is a 1v1 event. Players will play on their preferred platform until the top two on each platform are determined and they will play a home and away semi-final and final to determine the winner. The platform based ‘qualifiers’ will be run as at least double elimination brackets.
Entry fee for the tournament will be only R30 and there is a minimum cash prize pool of R1,000 up for grabs. You can pre-register below to help us determine entry numbers (please note that entries will be limited to 24 players per platform), but payment will be on the day.
The tournament will share the venue with a monthly market, so feel free to bring the shopper in your family, or more cash to grab a few unique items.
All equipment will be supplied for the event, but feel free to bring your own controller if you prefer.
- Date: Saturday 25 July 2015
- Registration: 12:30pm to 12:45pm
- Matches: 1:00pm until completion
- Where: Trenchtown, 92 Station Road, Observatory, Cape Town
- What: FIFA 15 (1v1)
- Cost: R30 registration fee per player
- Prizes: Cash for first place and additional placings. Additional prizes to be confirmed.
[gravityform id=”19″ title=”true” description=”true”]
If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zombiegamer operates a ‘fair play’ policy. No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated. The Admin or Referees decision is final. Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event. Additional terms and conditions will be made available on www.zombiegamer.co.za. By signing this you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please note that we will no longer delay the start of events indefinitely. Should you not arrive on time and have not pre-registered, you can not participate. Should you pre-register and arrive late for your scheduled match (attempts to accommodate will be made) your opponent will be issued with a default win. Should that be in the loser’s bracket, you will be eliminated.
Registration fees are non-refundable if you do not attend on the day. Players only qualify for a refund of their registration fee if we are notified of non-attendance at least 48 hours prior to the day of the event.
- Please note that bringing food and drink purchased off-site is forbidden unless cleared with venue management.
- Rules, Gamertags and other items relevant to the match setup not to be changed.
- Controller settings can be changed.
- Custom classes can be changed.
- Own headsets and controllers may be used.
- Setup times for controllers, headsets, etc. will be restricted to five minutes only.
- No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated.
- The Admin or Referees decision is final.
- Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event.
To be confirmed, but at least double elimination in qualifying rounds.
FIFA 15 RULESET
- Game Speed: Normal
- Difficulty Setting: World Class
- Match length: 5 minute halves. This may be changed depending on number of players
- Defending: Tactical only
- Passing Power Assistance: Off
- Custom formations: Not allowed
- Custom Tactics: Allowed
- Weather: Randomized (unless you and your opponent agree to change)
a) All teams allowed except for Classic XI and World XI
b) Same team allowed on both sides
c) If opponent chooses to play international it is up to you to play a club or international side
d) In a specific round (and when applicable) you have to play both legs with the team that you picked for the 1stleg
Where applicable, should scores be tied after two legs, classic extra-time will be played, followed by penalties.
No controlling of the keeper by means of the ‘Select’ button.
No passing at the back. If you suspect your opponent of breaking this rule, pause the game and alert one of the admins. Should you wait until after the game, the result will stay as is, as there is nothing for the admins to rule on.
No cursing, shouting, bumping or distracting your opponent.
Pause the game only if you have the ball and have given your opponent a heads up if you are going to pause. Both players must agree they are ready to resume the match.
The ball must be passed back once before you can cross in to the opponents half, you cannot run in to his half straight from kick off.
If you set up your controller, please save it on temporary assigned slot.
It is up to you as player to check your controls before the game starts, the admins and organisers will not be held liable for controllers that are not set up.
Should a console freeze alert one of the admins. If it is still in the 1st half the game will be replayed full but the game continues from the score upon which the screen froze. If it froze in the 2nd half the game is restarted and only one half of the game is played and the score is as it was upon freezing of the console.
THE ADMINS RULING IS FINAL.
Current placings based on R1,000 prize pool:
- First: R600
- Second: R250
- Third: R150