We’ve been threatening to head back in time for a while now, and it seemed the time is now right. April has offered up two Call of Duty Ghosts events in quick succession, so we decided it was the right month for a trip down memory lane.
So, rev your chainsaws, and get acquainted with the ‘B’ button on your Xbox 360 controller, because 26 April is the day we take Gears of War 3 out for a spin. And the best thing of all? It’s a free entry event. With cash prizes.
On the day, we will have a few free-play consoles to keep the less competitive among you occupied, as well as sharing the venue with the monthly craft market. In fact, while the game itself may endorse gut-wrenching violence, we’re only too keen to encourage gaming and socialising for the event, by offering everyone a little something on the day.
While no entry fee will be charged, we are doing a drive to support local animal welfare organisations. Should you wish to, please bring along dog and/or cat food that we will pass along to the organisation who will be at the venue with their stall for the day.
The organisation we will be supporting is Animal Rescue Team.
The Gears of War 3 tournament will be a ‘Wingman’ event (2v2v2v2).
- Date: Saturday 26 April 2014
- Time: 11:00am to 11:45am – Registration. 12:00pm until finished – Matches.
- Where: Trenchtown, 92 Station Road, Observatory, Cape Town
- What: Gears of War 3 ‘Wingman’.
- Cost: Free. For an additional R30, you can get a Margherita Pizza. These will be available on request with the Admin team on the day. Pre-registrations will close at 5pm on Friday, 25 April 2014.
Please pre-register with your details via the contact form below. This is only to assist us with gauging numbers.
First Place: R600 for the team
Second Place: R300 for the team
Third Place: R100 for the team
All necessary equipment will be supplied, however, if you would prefer to bring your own controllers and headsets, please feel free to do so.
Players under the age of 18 are welcome, but we will require a letter of consent (we will supply a standard letter if required) to be brought along, and players under 18 will be clearly marked on the day to ensure no naughty attempts at acquiring alcohol is attempted. In fact, anyone caught drinking underage or assisting with purchasing for underage players will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
Please note that there will be a standard terms and conditions in effect on the day to ensure a fair and honest tournament.
If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Zombiegamer operates a ‘fair play’ policy. No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated. The Admin or Referees decision is final. Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event. Additional terms and conditions will be made available on www.zombiegamer.co.za. By signing this you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please note that we will no longer delay the start of events indefinitely. Should you not arrive on time and have not pre-registered, you can not participate. Should you pre-register and arrive late for your scheduled match (attempts to accommodate will be made) your opponent will be issued with a default win. Should that be in the loser’s bracket, you will be eliminated.
- Please note that bringing food and drink purchased off-site is forbidden unless cleared with venue management.
- Rules, Gamertags and other items relevant to the match setup not to be changed.
- Controller settings can be changed.
- Custom classes can be changed.
- Own headsets and controllers may be used.
- Setup times for controllers, headsets, etc. will be restricted to five minutes only.
- No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated.
- The Admin or Referees decision is final.
- Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of 2upGamers and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event.