22 April 2017 and Trenchtown will once again play host for our next FIFA 17 tournament.
For the event, all necessary equipment will be supplied but you may bring along your own controller if you prefer. The FIFA 17 tournament will be run on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The tournament will be a double elimination on your preferred platform with the top two per platform playing in a home and away knockout to determine final placings.
Entry fee for the FIFA 17 tournament R50 per player if paid and booked before 20 April 2017, or R60 per player if paid on the day.
Pre-registrations are now open. Please note that we will be limiting entries to 64 players (32 players per platform). Also, please note that your registration will only be secured on payment of the R50. Payment guarantees your spot in the tournament. All non-paid pre-registrations will no longer guarantee you a spot at the event. All non-paid pre-registrations and walk-ins will be accepted on a first come, first served basis on the day.
Bank details for payment will be sent on receipt of pre-registration. Only EFT payments will be accepted.
- Date: Saturday 22 April 2017
- Registration: 10:00am to 10:45am
- Matches: 11:00am until completion
- Where: Trenchtown, 92 Station Road, Observatory, Cape Town
- What: FIFA 17 (1v1) on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Cost: R50 registration fee per player (pre-paid) | R60 registration fee per player (at the door)
- Prizes: R1,000 in cash plus Raru shopping vouchers
PRE-REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED. Walk-ins will be accepted to the cap limit.
- Please note that by registering you agree to the ‘House Rules and ‘Terms and Conditions’ set out below.
- Contact cell numbers will allow us to make contact with missing teams on the day and will not be made public.
- If you have any queries please email: email@example.com
- A registration confirmation email may take up to 24 hours to be sent out. If after that time you have not been confirmed, please feel free to email us.
- Please note that entry will be capped to 64 players. Once the cap has been reached, additional players will be placed on the waiting list and given first option should another team pull out.
Zombiegamer operates a ‘fair play’ policy. No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated. The Admin or Referees decision is final. Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event. Additional terms and conditions will be made available on www.zombiegamer.co.za. By signing this you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please note that we will no longer delay the start of events indefinitely. Should you not arrive on time and have not pre-registered, you can not participate. Should you pre-register and arrive late for your scheduled match (attempts to accommodate will be made) your opponent will be issued with a default win. Should that be in the loser’s bracket, you will be eliminated.
Registration fees are non-refundable if you do not attend on the day. Players only qualify for a refund of their registration fee if we are notified of non-attendance at least 48 hours prior to the day of the event.
- Please note that bringing food and drink purchased off-site is forbidden unless cleared with venue management.
- Rules, Gamertags and other items relevant to the match setup not to be changed.
- Controller settings can be changed.
- Custom classes can be changed.
- Own headsets and controllers may be used.
- Setup times for controllers, headsets, etc. will be restricted to five minutes only.
- No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated.
- The Admin or Referees decision is final.
- Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event.
- Double Elimination
FIFA 17 RULESET
Difficulty Level: World Class
Half Length: 5 minutes
Time/Score display: On
Home Auto Switching: User Settings
Away Auto Switching: User Settings
Referee: Card Strictness & Foul Strictness (both must be average)
Stadium: Neutral ground when no Home and Away leg is played
Game Speed: Normal
Goalkeeper Control: Players are allowed to use the TRIANGLE button only to control your Goalkeeper. You CANNOT touch pad button or ‘Select’ to control your Goalkeeper.
Replays: If you score a goal you cannot watch all 3 replays, once is fine.
Time Wasting: Should you be leading in a game and start passing around in the back you will be immediately disqualified. Please call a referee if you suspect your opponent is wasting time. Should you wait until after the game, the result will stay as is, as there is nothing for the admins to rule on.
Volume Settings: Default
Defending:Tactical Defending ONLY
Pass Power Assistance must be OFF
a) All teams allowed except for Classic XI and World XI
b) Same team allowed on both sides
c) If opponent chooses to play international it is up to you to play a club or international side
In double elimination knockout, a result is required. If tied at full time, classic extra-time, followed by penalties.
No cursing, shouting, bumping or distracting your opponent.
Pause the game only if you have the ball and have given your opponent a heads up if you are going to pause. Both players must agree they are ready to resume the match.
The ball must be passed back once before you can cross in to the opponents half, you cannot run in to his half straight from kick off.
If you set up your controller, please save it on temporary assigned slot.
It is up to you as player to check your controls before the game starts, the admins and organisers will not be held liable for controllers that are not set up.
Should a console freeze alert one of the admins. If it is still in the 1st half the game will be replayed full but the game continues from the score upon which the screen froze. If it froze in the 2nd half the game is restarted and only one half of the game is played and the score is as it was upon freezing of the console.
THE ADMINS RULING IS FINAL.
Guaranteed minimum prize pool per player placing:
- First: R500 cash
- Second: R300
- Third: R200
- Fourth: R100 Raru voucher
- Ashley Roman
- Mubeen Gaffoor
- Fagmie Towfie
- Jarred Smith
- Faeez Behardien
- Rahul Marajh
- Lemuel Swart
- Alfonz Reizenburg
- Abdul-Fattaagh Jaffer
- Lemuel Swart
- Bryan Esterhuizen
- Lord Mike
- Dalrick Potgieter
- Naeem Thomas
- Matthew Faulmann
- Thato Mabalayo
- Lorin Zealand
- Ian Van Niekerk
- Mnikelo Mkam
- Waleed Isaacs
- Ayman Ibrahim
- Jody Koopman
- Caylim Collison
- Ricardo Botha
- Mubashier Vallie
- Ethan Reyneker
- Helgaard Muller
- Shuaib Barday
- Yashen Moodley
- Yazeed Samsodien
- Godfrey Eybers
- Brent Eybers
- Elrico Williams
- Flocki Taso
- Lupindo Mtembu
- Papi Chulo
- Chadley Jacobs
- Hassan Sheikh
- Lindokuhle Tsholoba
- Shaun Mackay
- Muzammil Mowzer
- Tanweer Fakie
- Masoom Fakie
- Darren Adams
- Brett Stephens
Is there a limit to the number of players allowed to enter this tournament?
Our headsets are supplied by:
Our networking solution is supplied by:
Our PCs for streaming is supplied by:
Our retail partner is: