On Saturday 22 March, Trenchtown will play host to a special FIFA 14 only tournament. No other titles other than the virtual football game will be played, but the game will be played on all of the locally available consoles – PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360.
The prize pool will be the biggest one yet for a FIFA tournament at the venue, with the cash pool prize starting at R1500.
On the day, the monthly Trenchtown Craft Market will share the venue with us, so there will be plenty for everyone to do when not playing or spectating.
The tournament will be a 1v1 double elimination tournament played on the player’s preferred platform with the top player on each platform playing in a home and away single elimination grand final to determine the top four placings. One wildcard will be drawn from the platform with the biggest number of entries. The wildcard will be the second placed finisher on that platform.
- Date: Saturday 22 March 2014
- Time: 10:30am to 11:45am – Registration. 12:00pm until finished – Matches.
- Where: Trenchtown, 92 Station Road, Observatory, Cape Town
- What: FIFA 14.
- Cost: Pre-registered: R50 Registration. If you pre-register and pay on the day, the fee will be R55. If you register on the day registration will be R60. For an additional R30, you can get a Margherita Pizza. These will be available on request with the Admin team on the day. Pre-registrations will close at 9pm on Friday, 21 March 2014.
Please pre-register with your details via the contact form below.
|1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place||5th & 6th||7th & 8th|
|Minimum: R1500 cash prize pool (Requires 8 players at least)|
|Minimum: R1750 cash prize pool (Requires 16 players at least)|
|Minimum: R2000 cash prize pool (Requires 24 players at least)|
|Minimum: R2250 cash prize pool (Requires 32 players at least)|
|Minimum: R2500 cash prize pool (Requires 40 players at least)|
|Minimum: R2750 cash prize pool (Requires 48 players at least)|
|Minimum: R3000 cash prize pool (Requires 54 players at least)|
|Minimum: R3250 cash prize pool (Requires 64 players at least)|
Please note that no tournament will go ahead with less than eight players or eight teams.
All necessary equipment will be supplied, however, if you would prefer to bring your own controllers, please feel free to do so.
Players under the age of 18 are welcome, but we will require a letter of consent (we will supply a standard letter if required) to be brought along, and players under 18 will be clearly marked on the day to ensure no naughty attempts at acquiring alcohol is attempted. In fact, anyone caught drinking underage or assisting with purchasing for underage players will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
Please note that there will be a standard terms and conditions in effect on the day to ensure a fair and honest tournament.
If you have any queries please email: email@example.com
Zombiegamer operates a ‘fair play’ policy. No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated. The Admin or Referees decision is final. Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event. Additional terms and conditions will be made available on www.zombiegamer.co.za. By signing this you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please note that we will no longer delay the start of events indefinitely. Should you not arrive on time and have not pre-registered, you can not participate. Should you pre-register and arrive late for your scheduled match (attempts to accommodate will be made) your opponent will be issued with a default win. Should that be in the loser’s bracket, you will be eliminated.
- Please note that bringing food and drink purchased off-site is forbidden unless cleared with venue management.
- Rules, Gamertags and other items relevant to the match setup not to be changed.
- Controller settings can be changed.
- Custom classes can be changed.
- Own headsets and controllers may be used.
- Setup times for controllers, headsets, etc. will be restricted to five minutes only.
- No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated.
- The Admin or Referees decision is final.
- Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of 2upGamers and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event.
FIFA 14 RULESET
- Game Speed: Normal
- Difficulty Setting: World Class
- Match length: 5 minute halves. This may be changed depending on number of players
- Defending: Tactical only
- Passing Power Assistance: Off
- Custom formations: Not allowed
- Custom Tactics: Allowed
- Weather: Randomized (unless you and your opponent agree to change)
a) All teams allowed except for Classic and World XI
b) Same team allowed on both sides
c) If opponent chooses to play international it is up to you to play a club or international side
d) In a specific round (and when applicable) you have to play both legs with the team that you picked for the 1st leg. Should scores be tied after two legs, classic extra-time will be played, followed by penalties.
No controlling of the keeper by means of the ‘Select’ button
No passing at the back. If you suspect your opponent of breaking this rule, pause the game and alert one of the admins. Should you wait until after the game, the result will stay as is, as there is nothing for the admins to rule on.
No cursing, shouting, bumping or distracting your opponent.
Pause the game only if you have the ball and have given your opponent a heads up if you are going to pause. Both players must agree they are ready to resume the match.
The ball must be passed back once before you can cross in to the opponents half, you cannot run in to his half straight from kick off.
If you set up your controller, please save it on temporary assigned slot.
It is up to you as player to check your controls before the game starts, the admins and organisers will not be held liable for controllers that are not set up.
Should a console freeze alert one of the admins. If it is still in the 1st half the game will be replayed full but the game continues from the score upon which the screen froze. If it froze in the 2nd half the game is restarted and only one half of the game is played and the score is as it was upon freezing of the console.
THE ADMINS RULING IS FINAL.