Red vs Blue. The Mother City against the City of Gold. North and South. This is what Friday 19 July is all about.
The North vs South event will pit Johannesburg’s best against Cape Town’s best in Black Ops 2 and FIFA 13 to decide (for the first time ever) which city is the king of console eSports. Cape Town. Obviously.
The following will be representing your city in the battle for supremacy in Black Ops 2:
- Rory Burmeister (Adept Hazzards)
- Lee Michael Bransgrove(XtaZ Eos)
- Nicolas van Ysendyk (Xtaz Radical)
- Callum Stroud (Unleashed Psyco)
- Ashley Sloley (XtaZ Frostbite)
- Alon Nitzan (XtaZ KB)
- Jason Terespolsky (F34R J4S0WN)
- Tahir Achmat (Slamsekid)
The astute observer among you would have noticed that this match will feature a real XtaZ flavour to it as clan mates will need to put aside their camaraderie and shoot their compadre in the head. Virtually of course.
While the FIFA 13 players have been confirmed for Cape Town (who said we’re the slow ones?) the final confirmation of the Johannesburg players is still to be confirmed, meaning we’ll have to keep you updated.
You can show your support for your team by tweeting the following:
- Go #red team. I support #Joburg in the #MWEBNorthvsSouth @MWEBGMZ @mindsportssa
- Go #blue team. I support #CapeTown in the #MWEBNorthvsSouth @MWEBGMZ @mindsportssa