We’ve said it before, there’s always something happening in South African gaming and eSports.
A few articles you may have missed from elsewhere over the last week or so:
- Zombiegamer: FIFA 15 Tournament | 25 April Details
- Zombiegamer: Kamimodo Racing Event | 9 May Details
- Zombiegamer: Photos from a FIFA 15 setup at the Mind, Body & Goal clinic
- Brainwavez: South African Comics Art Showcase
- Brainwavez: Battlefield Hardline Launches In Cape Town At MWEB GameZone
- Brainwavez: South African Comics News Roundup
- MWEB GameZone: Five video game studios making South Africa proud
- MWEB GameZone: Why Cape Town might not get a Gaming Expo
- SAGamer: Local eSport team highlight: Aperture Gaming
- Telkom Gaming: Energy Snatch Summer Leg
- Telkom Gaming: COD:AW X1 Playoffs Detailed
- TGN Racing Simulators: Photos from the Engen Xtreme Racing Day at Killarney
There’s a little something for everyone this weekend.
- Starting Friday night at 6pm and running until midnight is the Jeugland Fundraiser Lan by Cold Fusion LAN. Details can be found here.
- On Saturday from earlier than most are usually awake on the weekend, we will be hosting a Call of Duty Advanced Warfare LAN on Xbox One at Kamimodo in Observatory, Cape Town. Details are available here.
- Also happening on Saturday is the MSSA Online Championship. The tournament will feature Dota 2 and CS: GO, with a FIFA 15 test match against Zimbabwe also planned. Streams are likely to be via the MWEB GameZone Twitch channel.
Competitions & Giveaways
The Killah Clowns are raising funds for charity again. With their previous drive, they raised an impressive R3,060 for CANSA, and this time they continue their fight against cancer with a charity drive for CHOC.
To donate to this worthy cause, head here, and show that gamers do care.
Ventus Gaming have continued to expand the ranks with the addition of two new teams.
Pretoria based venue, Jukes eSports Club (or Jukes Club and Esports Lounge) is hosting its opening event on 24 April from 6pm.
The event will feature “Cosplay, Music, and matches being played by well known SA players in our competition booths,” with the rest of the weekend featuring a LAN “open to all.”
Details can be found here.
The Kwa-Zulu Natal based “LAN and Digital lifestyle Expo” has decided to call it a day after trying for the last three years to (unsuccessfully) get the event off the ground.
In a statement on their Facebook Page, the organisation cited “lack of sponsorship/exhibitors” as a major factor in cancelling the event “indefinitely for the final time.”
The event was scheduled to happen this coming weekend.
It does appear that outside of Gauteng, many events face a similar challenge to the ones experienced by Inferno and others.
eN. F34R’s Drew talks about Black Ops 3, our upcoming LAN and more.
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to cover it.