There’s always something happening in SA gaming, and long as that happens, there will always be a weekly SA Gaming News Wrap on these (web)pages.
Some (local content) articles that hit the local gaming sites that you may have missed this past week:
- Zombiegamer: T-Fest | 28 March 2015 Details
- Lazygamer: What? Halo Matchmaking is working from South Africa!
- Lazygamer: Lazygamer Tournaments: What next?
- Lazygamer: Lazygamer Advanced Warfare Tournament: And the Winner is…
- MWEB GameZone: Gaming Hardware Coming March 2015
- MWEB GameZone: There’s more than one way to grow eSports South Africa
- MWEB GameZone: Orena introduces new ladder system for eSports South Africa
- Telkom Gaming: Final Summer Leg Transfer Window Open
- Telkom Gaming: In the Spotlight: xTc
- This coming weekend, it’s only Gauteng with some action. The Cold Fusion LAN at Hoerskool Birchleigh in Kempton Park kicks off at 8am on Saturday 14 March and runs until 11:45pm on 15 March. Details can be found here.
Sales & Discounts
Competitions & Giveaways
We’ve released this image which gives away plenty on what we have coming up over the next few months. Details for each event will be released on this very website, on our Facebook Page and even on Twitter. So pencil the dates in now…
MWEB GameZone Battlefield Hardline Launch Party
If you’re in Cape Town on 20 March 2015, then you can get your entry in for a chance to bag a ‘golden ticket’. And why wouldn’t you want to attend the event? There will be socialising, food and drink, 5v5 action, cool loot and probably some cool people too. And it will all be free. Gratis. No charge.
Get your ‘entry’ in by following the requirements set out over here.
Xero Fracture joins Ventus Pro
What the exact benefits and details of this merger are have not been announced, but it seems that console teams are now becoming a growing part of South African MGOs.
Quantum Gaming – a retailer of “boardgames, miniatures and other….stuff” – is hosting a boardgame event for Capetonians on Saturday, 28 March.
The event is “aimed at promoting boardgaming in the Southern Suburbs as well as helping people meet up for games.” Oragniser, Nizaam of Quantum Gaming says that “over the past few months I have met multiple small groups of people who don’t know how to meet with other groups or people just looking to join groups.” This event aims to give everyone the opportunity to connect.
Attendees are encouraged to bring along their own games to play, and there will also be some games available to buy.
- When: 28 March 2015
- Time: 9am until 6pm
- Where: Wynberg Sports Hall, c/o Rosmead Avenue and Wetton Road
- Cost: Entry is free
FPB Draft Online Regulation Policy
The Film and Publications Board has released their draft online regulation policy, and not unsurprisingly there are a few issues appearing in the document.
The most obvious issue is that it is simply a means to censor internet in South Africa, and no-one is going to take that lying down right?
All together now, #HandsOffOurInternet
Drew from eN_F34R weighs in on the PS4 vs Xbox One ‘issue’ in Call of Duty competitive.
‘The Boss’ of ViNCO Gaming and the way forward in the competitive scene.
– – – – – – – – – –
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at email@example.com and we will do our best to cover it.