We kick off the new year of SA gaming news the same way we ended it. As zombies. No cure was found for us unfortunately. Don’t cry for us though, rather absorb these titbits of news from around the country.
The Killah Clowns Battlefield Seasons
The Killah Clowns have announced their first season in their Battlefield 4 league series in 2015. Season one registrations are now open until 29 January, with the things kicking off in February and running until March.
The tournament will feature six teams per group with the top two teams from each battling it out in a single elimination knockout phase.
The tournament will be 5v5 Domination and will feature the ESL rule set. The full set of rules for the tournament can be found here.
Sign ups for all the seasons are now open and teams interested can sign up here:
- Season One (February to March)
- Season Two (April to May)
- Season Three (June to July)
- Season Four (August to September)
LazyGamer Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Tournament
Entry is free (and appears to be open to the entire world) with R2000 cash up for grabs for the winning team. The player of the tournament will also bag an Atlas Edition of Advanced Warfare on PS4. More prizes are being sourced, and will be revealed soon.
To register your team you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Team Name
- Players’ Names (a minimum of four players per team)
- Captain’s Phone Number
- Preferred days and times of matches
For more information, you can head here.
The number of games have been reduced for the year, with only the following titles (on selected platforms) offering full length leagues: Battlefield 4, Dota 2, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, League of Legends, Counter-Strike, Trackmania 2 Stadium and HearthStone.
Meanwhile, the following titles will not feature full length leagues, but offer cups throughout the year: StarCraft 2, HOTS, Quake Live, Unreal Tournament, Assetto Corsa, FIFA 15, Mortal Kombat, Osu! and Teeworlds.
Sign ups can be done via the DoGaming League site.
Kalahari.com & Takealot Merger
The merger – which for now will still see the two e-tailers operate separately for the short term – does come with a number of conditions, most notably that “potential job losses should not exceed 200”.
From 16 February he will be the new 2K PR Export Manager.
We wish him all the best with his new adventure.
- We kick off our year this weekend with what was meant to be a ‘low-key’ Call of Duty Advanced Warfare LAN at Kamimodo eSports Cafe, however, low-key has seen 12 teams planning to attend. Feel free to come along and spectate on Saturday.
- Also on this weekend is GAC‘s first LAN of 2015 and their 27th in total. It kicks off on Friday at 5pm and runs all weekend (or to 8am on Sunday at least) at the Abe Sher Stadium in Bothasig. R140 gets you a playing seat. More details can be found here.
- If cosplay is more your thing, then there’s a Lolita Picnic at Kirstenbosch Gardens from 12pm on Saturday. Details are available here.
- Games On in Rondebosch is hosting a FIFA 15 tournament on Saturday. The event will be on Xbox One and will cost you R60 entry. Head to the event page for more.
- On Sunday in Gauteng, there’s a Meru Cosplay Picnic at the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens. The picnic kicks off at 11am and runs until 4pm. Details are available on the event page.
For more events happening this January, head here.
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at email@example.com and we will do our best to cover it.