With rAge 2014 done and dusted, we can all turn our attention to everything else happening around our sunny shores.
If you missed it, Orena has announced their website relaunch, as well as their LAN event. Details of the Life Child Invitational (which includes a FIFA tournament operated by these undead freaks) can be found here.
The DGC results from this weekend can be found here, and we are still appealing to the console Call of Duty community (and gamers in general) to support our charity drive that we started with the C4 LAN.
Sales & Discounts
Kalahari.com is offering a decent deal on a PS4 bundle. Get a PS4, with DriveClub, inFamous Second Son and inFamous First Light for R7299.
They also have the recently increased one-year PS Plus subscription for only R499 – but you will need to wait a little for the code to be physically delivered to you.
MWEB GameZone Ghosts Masters Series Final
You – yes, you, and you, and you, and you get the idea – can join the players, organisers and behind-the-scenes people (and zombies) at the grand final of the MWEB GameZone Masters Series, which sees the final four teams battle it out for their share of R40,000 in cash.
Watch F34R Adept, Xero Fracture, Insane Gaming and Vinco Black slug it out on Saturday 18 October from 10am at the MWEB HQ (100 Fairway Close, Golf Course, Cape Town, 7500) and you can stand the chance to win a selection of goodies, including a PS Vita.
This past weekend saw GAC LAN host Cape Town gamers who didn’t head up to rAge at the Abe Sher Stadium in Bothasig. Alongside the traditional LAN activities was The Cape Quakers Cup, which as the name suggests featured Quake Live.
The final of the tournament saw Chris ‘staticyo’ Clarke take on Tyrone ‘tb0ne’ Hattingh, with Clarke taking it without conceding a single map in the entire tournament.
NAG Gaming League
Bravado Dota2 Emotion were the winners of this past weekend’s NAG Gaming League tournament hosted at rAge. For their efforts, the team scored their share of the R274,985 worth of gaming hardware sponsored by Aorus and Corsair.
PE Gaming LAN
PE gamers, you asked, and now someone has listened and implemented an event for you. On 15 November 2014 at Dr Viljoen Primary School in Sydenham, Port Elizabeth you can join in for R50 entry.
The event will be focused on Call of Duty Advanced Warfare with a 2v2 tournament and will offer both console gamers and PC gamers space. It is a bring your own event, so pack everything you need.
You can also contact Mitch at 0791766227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inferno LAN and Expo
Inferno LAN and Expo have been promising Durban an event every year for around three years, and now it seems that with some new people helming things, it may see the light of day.
The event is dated for 17-19 April 2015 and will be at the Durban Exhibition Centre.
There are 10 positions open on the MSSA’s Management Board, along with spots on the Board of Control and in the provinces. With elections due on 7 December at the AGM, nominations are welcome from affiliated clubs. Only players who are registered with the MSSA and fully-paid-up may stand for positions on any of the committee, except for the Player’s Representative. You need to be over 18 years old to stand for the positions and nominations close on 28 October.
[hide-this-part Morelink=”Click here to see positions available:”]
Management Board: (3 year terms)
- Vice-President in charge of development
- Vice-President in charge of umpiring
- Vice-President in charge of events
- Board Gaming Representative
- Card Gaming Representative
- National Schools Director
- Board Gaming Representative
- Legal Advisor
- Disabled Gamer’s Representative
Please remember that a new Player’s Representative also needs to be elected, but that is done by the gamers directly in terms of the rules. The Player’s Representative has to be a player who has either Protea or National Colours and has officially represented South Africa in an international event and is under the age of 30 years old at the date of election. Member clubs do not vote for this position. Every player who is fully-paid-up may vote for this position.
Boards of Control: (1 year terms)
- Board gaming
- Card gaming
- Figure gaming
Provincial Directors: (2 year terms)
- All but Free State and Mpumulanga.
Regional Directors: (1 year term)
Call of Duty team Xero Fracture’s teamtage trailer.
- Tonight (15 October), we’re at Trenchtown hosting a FIFA 15 tournament. R20 entry, and winner takes all.
- Friday, 17 October, Kamimodo eSports Cafe throws their doors open for trade, and to celebrate, we will be there to run a FIFA 15 and Black Ops 2 tournament. Details can be found here.
- As mentioned above, MWEB GameZone brings the curtain down on their Ghosts Masters Series on Saturday 18 October.
- The first of two FIFA 15 tournaments in Cape Town is hosted by FIFAChamps. From 11am at Lounge Relax Play on Saturday 18 October, you can pay R50 to compete for the R1000 cash first prize. [More…]
- Braccianos eSports Lounge hosts the second FIFA 15 tournament on Saturday. Registrations have already closed, so if you head tot the venue in Brackenfell, you may do so as a spectator.
- Rounding Saturday off is the Cosplay Cape Town Picnic at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens from 12pm. Details can be found here.
- If you’re looking to end off your weekend as a voyeur rather than player, then both Kamimodo and Braccianos are offering you somewhere to watch the League of Legends World Championships.
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at email@example.com and we will do our best to cover it.