Sales & Discounts
PlayStation South Africa has announced a special which is pretty obviously a reaction to the launch of the Xbox One launch in South Africa.
The special is for R6,299 which bags you a PS4 with a copy of The Last of Us Remastered. The offer is only available until 5 October, and at selected retailers (we assume).
Another bundle deal on offer will appeal to FIFA fans. For R6,299 you can get – from 26 September to 3 October – FIFA 15 with your PS4 console.
Our affiliate has the PS4 standalone (which includes a console and controller) for R5,899 if you’re not looking for a game with it.
As mentioned, the Xbox One is here. You can grab yourself a console (in a variety of bundle options) via our affiliate here. Tell them we sent you.
If you’re looking for Titanfall on the Xbox One, you can currently pick up a download code for the game via Evopoints for only R449, which is a steal for this gem of a game.
In case it slipped on past you (considering we mentioned it twice earlier), the Xbox One has launched in South Africa. The good news is that Microsoft/Xbox SA is working to bring value-added services to the console.
The local wing of Microsoft has had discussions with MultiChoice “regarding DStv apps for Xbox One, and support for DStv BoxOffice, Catch Up, and SuperSport” with some (and possibly all of them) making their way to the console. Not for free. Obviously.
MWEB Masters Series
This Sunday (28 September) a number of matches will be played in the culmination of the online portion of the series and will be livestreamed from 14h00 until the second match of round four in the Losers Bracket Round 4. The streams will be via MWEB GameZone’s Twitch Channel and their Event Stream page.
To view the bracket, head here.
Cape Quakers Cup
A 24-person Quake Live LAN tournament has been announced for the upcoming GAC LAN over the weekend of 10 to 12 October. The Quake tournament starts at 10am on 11 October and will cost you R140 per seat (the price of entry to the LAN).
Up for grabs is a number of SteelSeries items. The event will be held at Abe Sher Stadium in Bothasig, and additional information can be found here.
nAv TV and Braccianos eSports Lounge have announced their partnership. What exactly that entails is not clear in the announcement itself but we assume you can expect nAv TV to be the broadcasters for any of the events the Brackenfell, Cape Town based eSports lounge plans to host.
This past weekend we hosted a gaming event in conjunction with the UCT Genshiken Society. We’d like to think fun was had by all that attended, but don’t take our word for it, this video filmed and edited by Rozier van Blerk may prove just that.
- Braccianos eSports Lounge in Brackenfell, Cape Town is hosting a Braai Day event from 11am today (Wednesday 24 September). On the agenda is braai, balls )OK, FIFA 15) and we guess booze based on the no under 18 stipulation.
- Make Games SA is hosting a community night from 6:30pm tonight. 18 Roeland Street is the place to be and entrance is free.
- MWEB GameZone hosts their FIFA 15 launch party at the MWEB offices in Parow on Friday 26 September. Sadly, if you’re not on the list, you’re not getting in.
- As mentioned elsewhere (and we’re pretty prone to repeating ourselves) we host a party celebrating the Xbox One arriving in South Africa. It’s a little something we like to call T-Fest and entrance to the event on 27 September is free.
- Also on Saturday, but much further away from the coast is the Game Edge FIFA tournament. Up for grabs is a Mini Cooper (a car for those a little unsure), but you will need to be in Bloemfontein to participate.
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to cover it.