Hey South Africa. This is what has happened, will happen and can happen in your gaming world.
- 17 September: FIFA 14 Tournament at Trenchtown
- 20 September: UCT Genshiken Gaming
- 27 September: T-Fest
- 3 October: School‘s Program at Garden’s College
- 4 October: C4 LAN
Red Bull Ghosts Invitational
Yes, there’s every chance you didn’t even know it had happened on Saturday 13 September, but it did, and you can find out exactly what went down here.
MWEB Masters Series
To view the bracket, head here.
FIFA 15 Cape Town Launch
Golden tickets to the MWEB GameZone FIFA 15 launch event are still up for grabs. The launch event is on 26 September at MWEB’s Cape Town HQ and there will be an Xbox One up for grabs. So get your entry in by 23 September – instructions on how to enter are available here.
The attendance register for Call of Duty Ghosts at this year’s DGC is now open. Qualifying teams (those that actually qualified and even teams to go on the standby list) have until 28 September to register.
Up for grabs are prizes worth the price of a small car, so we suggest you get going.
Other registrations are open too, and teams are encouraged to confirm their attendance asap.
In a slightly low-key announcement on Facebook, LAN organiser’s Organised Chaos revealed their return and next LAN event.
After shutting down in around April of this year, the brand is reignited and will be running a LAN event on 3 to 5 October at Montague Arena. Ticket prices start at R30 (for a spectator ticket), up to R220 for a Gigabit seat. There are 800 seats available, so get your booking done now.
Another organisation that went a little quiet is the online tournament organiser Orena. Never fear (if you did), they’re planning a return, “soon”. We’re pretty willing to bet that console tournaments will be featured alongside the more traditional PC fare.
This past weekend saw the culmination (and the start too for that matter) of the Back 2 Basics HearthStone Tournament hosted by HearthBattles and sponsored by MWEB GameZone. Around 46 players embarked on the journey, but it was only one that would prevail, and that one was Blade007. For the full tournament bracket, head here.
Sales & Discounts
There’s less than a week until the Xbox One launches in South Africa, and Kalahari has some exclusive Xbox One bundles available for pre-order.
- Xbox One 500GB Console with two controllers, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Fifa 15, Forza 5 and 14 days Xbox Live Gold – R7,699. Order here.
- Xbox One 500GB Console and Kinect with two controllers, Ryse, Dance Central Spotlight, Kinect Sports Rivals, Fifa 15, Forza 5 and 14 days Xbox Live Gold – R9,699. Order here.
You can still get the (regular) Xbox One on pre-order from Kalahari.com.
- Xbox One 500GB Console with Fifa 15 and Forza 5 – R6,299. Order here.
- Xbox One 500GB Console with Kinect, Fifa 15 and Dance Central Spotlight – R7,999. Order here.
Graham ‘Acey Bongos’ Boyd welcomes South Africa to the Xbox One on international family.
A highlight video from the recently completely SA qualifiers for the MSI Beat IT Dota 2 tournament, which saw Bravado Gaming book a spot in the Taipei finals.
- FIFAChamps is going home this Saturday with a ‘Pizza Jam Home Pop Up Session’ of FIFA 14. You will need to DM the organiser to get into the draw to be one of the five players joining him.
- The next qualifiers for the NAG Gaming League‘s ‘Aorus Corsair Dota 2 Clash’ tournament will be this Sunday (21 September). The action is likely to be broadcast by nAvTV, which can be found here.
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at email@example.com and we will do our best to cover it.