Hi South Africa. And welcome to your weekly dose of news about what’s happening in your own back yard.
We would like to express our condolences to his family and friends of Andrew ‘d3tox’ Deacon who passed away on 25 July after a year-long battle against cancer. Andrew was a former competitive player for BFB and Bravado. [More…]
Sales & Discounts
- Xbox One 500GB Console with Fifa 15 and Forza 5 – R6299. Order here.
- Xbox One 500GB Console with Kinect, Fifa 15 and Dance Central Spotlight – R7999. Order here.
There is also a game and gaming accessories clearance sale on the go with deals on Batman Arkham Origins, headsets and more.
MSI Beat It
Registrations for the South African qualifiers of MSI’s Beat It Dota 2 tournament have now closed with 32 teams all ready to lay claim to the spot in Taiwan. The qualifiers kick off on Wednesday 6 August and run until Sunday 17 August.
Head over to the following two links to check out the groups competing:
Telkom Do Gaming
Telkom Do Gaming has renamed itself and moved. You can now call them Telkom Gaming and you can find the new website here.
The DoGaming League‘s Winter Leg Play-offs have kicked off across the majority of titles and run until around mid-August with promotion (or relegation) up for grabs, as well as the chance to play in the DoGaming Championships and DGL Online Finals.
Veneration eSports were the organisers of this past weekend’s StarCraft 2 match up between South Africa and New Zealand. Sadly is was the men from land of the long white cloud that came out the victors by 4-0 over the South Africans represented by Static, Drager, Gangrel and Cort.
- If you’re into making games (as opposed to just playing them), there’s the Cape Town July meet-up of Make Games SA. It starts at 6:30pm at The City Varsity campus on Roeland Street. More on the events page.
- For the FIFA players, yours truly will be at Trenchtown tonight for a FIFA 14 mini-tournament. R10 buy-in and winner takes all. The winner will also bag a tattoo voucher for their efforts. Be there from 7pm. Details here.
- Game Edge kicks off their third FIFA 14 tournament with a launch event this Saturday. You will need to be in Bloemfontein from 11am. Details can be found here.
- The MSSA is hosting an online StarCraft II schools championships. Very little is known about the details, but there is an event page.
- Good Game Cafe in Gauteng are hosting a LAN Party from 5:05pm on Saturday until 5:05am on Sunday. They’re situated at Olivedale Corner Shopping Centre and entry to the LAN will cost R150. More details can be found here.
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to cover it.