Good day South Africa. Want to know what’s coming up in the next week or so, or what has been happening over the last week or so? Then you only need read below.
Kalahari currently has a few items on sale that may sate your hunger for more gaming than is healthy, but who are we to stop you.
- Games for under R100
- Games for under R200
- Gaming bundles from R249
- Xbox 360 4GB Stingray R2199
- Xbox 360 250GB Stingray + Halo + Tomb Raider R2999
MWEB GameZone eSniper Tournament
The MWEB GameZone eSniper tournament which forms part of their Ghosts Masters Series is scheduled to reach the final on Sunday 18 May. There still appears to be a few games to go before the finalists can be determined, and you can see the Xbox 360 bracket here, and the PS3 bracket here.
Battlefield 4 5-Man Defuse Tournament
Gaming clan Legion SA are the hosts of the Apex Interactive and Gioteck sponsored 5-man (or woman) Battlefield 4 tournament on PS4.
The double elimination tournament is already underway with Round 3 scheduled for 9pm on Thursday 15 May. The internal 4-team tournament is a tester event for bigger events but has managed to get sponsorship from Apex for Bound in Flame and Gioteck headsets.
- Details can be found here.
- The tournament bracket can be found here.
- Livestream of matches can be viewed here.
The (FIFA)Champs are back this weekend with R1000 up for grabs for the winner. In return they ask for just R50 and your attendance at Lounge Relax Play in Canal Walk, Cape Town on 17 June from 11am. And a PS3 controller too – if you have one.
Plan-G has opened registrations for their FIFA 14 Unlimited tournament which is scheduled for Saturday 14 June at Kings Market in Port Elizabeth. The tournament kicks off at 10am. According to the registration page, entry is R30 and spectators pay R10.
- First Place: R1000 + 3 months membership subscriptions to Plan-g + Random Spot Prizes
- Second Place: R400 + 1 month membership subscription to Plan-g + Random Spot Prizes
- Third Place: R100 + 1 month membership subscription to Plan-g + Random Spot Prizes
Gaming World SA
Gaming World SA has announced their second online Call of Duty Ghosts tournament. The ‘Pro Clan Clash’ will run on Friday 16 May and Saturday 17 May.
Registrations are open until noon on Thursday 15 May and teams can register via firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Clan Name
- Captain’s Name and Cell Number
- Player’s Xbox Gamertags
Additional details – including ruleset and more – can be found here.
League for Gamers
Their current Black Ops 2 tournament is moving along at a good pace with Team Astra, Insane Gaming and Paragon Elite having secured their spot in the semi-finals. The fourth team is still to be decided due to a delay and replay required in the first round match between Rapture Gaming and Concept Gaming.
The full bracket can be viewed here.
- A reminder that Games On Gaming Lounge in Rondebosch has a host of tournaments this month: 17 May: League of Legends | 17 May: FIFA 14 | 24 May: Dota 2 | 31 May: FIFA 14.
- Good Game Cafe is running two events this weekend: 17 May: Battlefield 3 | 18 May: FIFA 14
- **UPDATE** The SA Forza 4 community, TTSA, is hosting ‘DriftKhana – Going around the Block’ on Tuesday 20 May from 8pm. The track is Infenion Raceway, but the event is online. Details here.
- Black Ops 2 2v2 is the game featured at Trenchtown on 31 May. Registrations are now open.
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at email@example.com and we will do our best to cover it.