We’re in the heart of the busy season now with gaming events pretty much happening every week until mid-October. If you want to keep in the loop, we’d say making our weekly wrap part of your must-visits would be… very kind of you. See, we appreciate you. And your brains.
Up first, tournament registrations for EGE 2018 have started opening. You can currently sign up to the ACGL tournaments here with more to follow.
A few articles you may have missed elsewhere:
- ACGL: EGE FIFA 18 Tournament Registrations Now Open
- ACGL: A Thanks to the Local Fortnite Community
- Esports Central: The Esports Central Podcast: Episode 006
- Esports Central: Preview: Mettlestate Evetech Champions League Season 1
- Esports Central: EGE 2018 | Registrations open for COD and FIFA
- Esports Central: Looking at Mettlestate’s XPUBG FPP Squads tournament
- Esports Central: Overwatch Contenders Season 2: Getting it Wright
- Esports Central: Quick Hit: Evetech Champions League is back
- Esports Central: Talking about Rush, Fortnite, and FIFA with Nick “HoldenZA” Holden
- Esports Central: Talking about Rush and CS:GO with Barry “Anthrax” Louzada
- Esports Central: Looking back at Rush Esports 2018
- Esports Central: Results: Mettlestate’s Vodacom 4U CS:GO Cup at Rush
- Esports Central: Orlando Pirates Esports E-League announced
- Esports Central: The Rush MSI Quake Champions Cup 2018 Results
- Bravado Gaming: [Photos] RUSH E-Sports Expo 2018
- Game Nation: Rush Esports from the axtremes POV
- Game Nation: Semblance releases for Nintendo Switch & PC on 24 July
- GameZone: South African PlayStation Store prices shockingly double that of Xbox Store
- GLHF: South African gamers step up for CANSA
- Red Bull: RUSH Winners weigh in on SA’s Esports expo
- Red Bull: What some of SAs Top FIFA 18 gamers learnt in Holland
There’s a fine weekend of gaming activities ahead around the country:
- Xbox Playdates ZA community gaming get togethers generally happen every Wednesday from 8pm and selected Fridays from 9pm. You can get more information here about the regular gaming play dates for Xbox One players. Upcoming for July:
- 18th – GTA Online
- 20th – F1 2017 (Deutschland)
- 25th – MotoGP 17
- 27th – F1 2017 (Budapest)
- Mettlestate start season one of the Evetech Champions League for CS:GO from today. Matches will be broadcast every Thursday from 7pm on their Twitch channel.
- LanX 2018 is already underway. The LAN and expo event features the Ballistix Masters for Battlefield and Dota 2. The action will be streamed live with the first tournament matches from 5pm today (12 July). The event is at Jonibach Sports Centre in Pretoria and runs until 1pm on Sunday (15 July). Head to the event page for more.
- GAC LAN is on from 5pm on Friday (13 July) until Sunday. The Cape Town LAN event is at its regular venue of Theo Marais Park with tickets costing R250 per seat at the door. The event page is your portal to more information.
- Rapid.Gaming LAN is a LAN event in Vredenburg, Western Cape. The action starts at 6pm on Friday and runs until 12pm on Sunday. There’s a R5,000 CS:GO tournament with tickets costing R150 pre-booked and R200 at the door. Additional details can be found on the event page.
- The Pirates e-League kicks off this weekend and continues next. There’s R40,000 in cash up for grabs with the FIFA 18 tournament incorporating both an online and LAN component. Additional details can be found on Esports Central.
- Dominus Gaming are hosting a 3v3 Rocket League online tournament from 10am on Sunday. There’s a R3,000 cash prize pool up for grabs and interested teams can register here.
- Next weekend features FIFA, Fortnite and more happening in South Africa. Hit our calendar for more.
Remember to keep these days open for some upcoming action a little further in the future:
Looking for a Fortnite LAN event? Then 21 and 22 July you get your wish. If you’re in Gauteng.
Grab your teammate and prove that you are the Fortnite kings!??
– Teams of 2
– 2v2 kill race
– Best of 3 Double Elimination
Venue: Rivonia Recreational Club?
Retweets appreciated!? pic.twitter.com/tIDON2td8U
— AceGamingOrg (@AceGamingOrg) July 9, 2018
Orena have announced their new fighting game tournament series. Orena Fight Nights are now (or also) the ‘Back Alley Brawl’ and kicks off on 21 July with Street Fighter, Tekken and Dragon Ball Fighter Z on the agenda.
There is an entry fee (not confirmed) and a cash prize pool which appears to increase based on entry numbers. Head to their information page for more.
There is also some new information around their PUBG Scrim Sessions. An addition of a Championship and Challenger division along with promotion and relegation is now in effect.
ZA Gaming Alliance
Local Facebook gaming group ZA Gaming Alliance (or ZAGA for short) has announced their app. Currently only available for Android (with iOS promised soon), the app offers “some pretty cool features for the start,” with plans to add and improve things going forward.
Features available currently:
- Create communities
- Connect with players near you
- Market place
- get stalked or stalk
- and more still to come…
Find out more about the app here.
ACGL Top 5 | June
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at email@example.com and we will do our best to cover it.