And that is indeed another week in SA gaming done and dusted. Thankfully there are plenty more to come, and you know we will be there to lead you through it all.
Let’s start with a few articles you may have missed over the last week:
- Zombiegamer: Profiled: Tinyoss Gaming
- Zombiegamer: South African esports | Dota2 Results 16-10-2017
- Zombiegamer: Orena OCS & Prem Ladder | 7th Time’s the Charm?
- Zombiegamer: The rAge Wrap
- Zombiegamer: [Photos] rAge 2017 (Day 3)
- Zombiegamer: [Photos] COD Finals at rAge 2017 (Day 3)
- Zombiegamer: [Photos] COD at rAge 2017 (Day 2)
- Zombiegamer: [Photos] rAge 2017 (Day 2)
- Critical Hit: Orena’s OCS – Setting dangerous and reckless precedents in local esports
- Critical Hit: Television will soon become local esports biggest ally
- Critical Hit: The age of team shuffles is slowly fading out in South Africa
- Critical Hit: Orlando Pirates have officially ventured into esports
- Critical Hit: Esports winners and losers of 2017
- Game Nation: 15th Anniversary rAge Expo 2017 breaks attendance records
- GLHF: Running an MGO – What To Know At The Start
- Mega8: Meet South Africa’s eSports stars – Brandon Addison
- Mega8: The Pro 16 Dota 2 League Qualifiers Wrap
- MWEB GameZone: Watch the first episode of Glitched – SA’s newest video game show
- MWEB GameZone: Attend the MWEB GameZone Free-For-All Soccer Tournament – all the details and prizes
- NAG: 15th annual rAge reveals an industry of momentous growth
- NAG: Podcast: Episode 61 – rAge Post Mortem
ACGL have some online tournaments this weekend for Modern Warfare Remastered and Injustice 2. Details can be found here. There will also be another round of tournaments from next week, so be sure to check in via the link.
A few events that may be of interest to you this coming weekend:
- Xbox Playdates ZA are hosting their playdates series throughout September. The Thursday evening events start at 8pm, while the Friday F1 events begin at 9pm. You can get more information here about the regular gaming play dates.
- 19th – Overwatch
- 20th – F1 2017
- 26th – Forza Motorsport 7
- 27th – F1 2017
- This Friday (20 October), MWEB GameZone and PlayStation South Africa are hosting a celebration of FIFA 18. Tournaments, prizes, activities and more will feature. For more information – and to register – about this Cape Town event, head here.
- The Mega8 Esports Dota 2 Pro League kicks off this weekend. It’s currently unclear what time or even which games will be streamed (and where), but we would suggest keeping an eye on their Facebook page for details.
- O-Mania and Plan-G are hosting a tournament day (with FIFA 18, Injustice 2, Tekken 7 and Black Ops 3) in Port Elizabeth on Saturday 21 October. The action kicks off at 2pm at the Game On Player Lounge. Head here for additional information.
Remember to keep these days open for some upcoming action a little further in the future:
- 24 to 29 October 2017: Canal Walk Gaming Expo
- 25 to 27 October 2017: E-Kasi Tech Fest
- 28 to 29 April 2018: FanCon
- 27 to 29 July 2018: EGE
- More 2017 Gaming and Geek Expos can be found here.
Competitions & Giveaways
During the recent VS Gaming Dota 2 Championships at rAge, the Sinister5 team were forced to make some wide-ranging team changes to comply with transfer window requirements which essentially meant their recently acquired Masters players were not eligible to play.
This prompted Sinister5 to fill the three player slots with fans and give them an opportunity to be part of one of SA’s longest running LAN events. Now that the action is all over, Sinister5 are sharing player bios of the three that helped them take bronze.
ACGL Top 5 | September
by African Gaming
CS:GO Deeper with Aperture PC Ep6 (Profeci & ReCo1LZa)
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to cover it.