It’s another busy weekend on the horizon after another pretty active week in the local gaming and esports scene.
Let’s first get the things you may have missed out of the way:
- Zombiegamer: [Photos] FIFA17 2v2 at MWEB GameZone
- Zombiegamer: The PotP Podcast: The South African Scene | Response & Opinions
- Zombiegamer: EGE 2017 | We Need Your Help
- ACGL: EGE 2017 | Friday is School’s Day
- Critical Hit: The Orlando Pirates will be joining VS Gaming this weekend at their e-football festival
- Critical Hit: The Valkyrie Challenge will be South Africa’s first all-women CS:GO showmatch
- Critical Hit: Could intercity rivalries bolster esports influence in South Africa?
- GLHF: VS Gaming Festival – The R1.5Mil Weekend
- Kwese ESPN: Don’t forget to sign up for the Hearthstone Open Qualifiers while at Rush
- Kwese ESPN: Mettlestate announces all-girl CS:GO invitational
- Kwese ESPN: Bravado are your Season 1 champions for ESL African Championship
- MWEB GameZone: MWEB sponsors Rush 2017, rAge and more
- MWEB GameZone: Rush eSports Spectacle – Everything SA gamers need to know
- MWEB GameZone: MWEB GameZone Stream: Meet the Valkyries
- NAG: EVERYTHING you need to know about what’s happening at Rush next weekend
- NAG: Podcast: Episode 50 – The 50th Episode!
- Richard Sjoberg: The Local Dota 2 Paradox – A Response to the PotP Podcast
- Tech Girl: Book Your Tickets For The Valkyrie Challenge
- Tech Girl: RUSH, RAZER and a Really Quick Life Update
There’s a packed weekend of events happening in South Africa, or more specifically it seems, Gauteng:
- Xbox Playdates ZA are hosting a number of playdates in July. The Thursday events start at 8pm, while the Friday F1 events begin at 9pm. You can get more information here about the regular gaming play dates.
- 20th – Forza Motorsport 6
- 27th – Halo 5
- 28th – F1 2016 (Budapest)
- Confuze is actually in Port Elizabeth and will feature some gaming in the form of FIFA 17 and fighting games when it starts Friday (21 July). Details can be found on the event page.
- Rush is one of the Gauteng events this weekend. The esports expo is in Sandton Convention Centre and will feature FIFA 17, CS: GO, League of Legends and more until Sunday 23 July. Details can be found here.
- Bryanston High School LAN starts at 3pm Friday and runs until 5pm on Sunday. The LAN is in Bryanston and will cost R100 per seat. Additional information can be found here.
- Another Gauteng event on this weekend is the ACE Gaming COD LAN. It starts 9:30am on Saturday in Douglasdale, Sandton and will cost players R170 each to compete for the still to be confirmed prizes. More here.
- VS Gaminghere are hosting their ‘E-Football’ event and yet another in the greater Johannesburg area. The FIFA 17 tournament which has R1,5 million and esports contracts with Orlando Pirates up for grabs will be hosted on Saturday and Sunday in Gallagher Convention Centre. Additional can be found.
Remember to keep these days open for some upcoming action a little further in the future:
- 28 to 30 July 2017: EGE
- 6 to 8 October 2017: rAge JHB
- More 2017 Gaming and Geek Expos can be found here.
Competitions & Giveaways
2v2 FIFA 17 Tournament
Timelapse of FIFA 17 2v2 at MWEB GameZoneFootage by: Rebel MonkeyMusic: http://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music
Posted by Zombiegamer on Wednesday, 19 July 2017
VS Gaming Festival
The Bucs have joined with VS Gaming World as their official football club when hosting Africa's biggest e-football…
To celebrate women's month in August it seemed fitting to showcase Energy eSports Finesse and Amaryllis Gaming in a challenge to rival all others. We're proud to bring this to you with our partners Evetech & Tech Girl. All the action on twitch.tv/mettlestate and limited pre-bookings available from tomorrow. Who do you think will take the R50 000 cash prize?
Posted by Mettlestate on Tuesday, 18 July 2017
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to cover it.