We like to think of this as your weekly one-stop shop for all things South African and gaming. If you feel like disagreeing, tell us why in the comments below. But don’t make us cry now.
Pretty importantly if you’re a gamer, you should head to BT Games as they are celebrating their birthday with a sale. If you spend R1000 or more online on any products in the sale, and you will be entered into a draw to win a gaming merchandise hamper.
- Zombiegamer: The Details for the Mega8 CS:GO Autumn Cup Finals Weekend
- Zombiegamer: [Photos] The Settlers High School FIFA 17 Tournament
- Zombiegamer: [Photos] Trenchtown | FIFA 17 Tournament
- Critical Hit: Mega8 move onto CS:GO and a plan for sustainable esports
- GLHF: What To Expect From ACGL in 2017
- MWEB GameZone: Rocket League might soon get South African servers
- NAG: PSA: Local Xbox One S launch date confirmed
- NAG: Podcast: Episode 36 – Mettlestate
- NAG: Local eSports organisation Mega8 to host R50,000 CS:GO Autumn Cup finals next weekend
- SA Gamer: Local release date and price revealed for the Xbox One S
- Tech Girl: Competitive Console Gaming in South Africa
- Telkom Gaming: DGL
Our sister organisation ACGL has a number of various tournaments on offer for you too.
Otherwise, there are a few other events happening to keep you entertained:
- Xbox Playdates ZA are evolving tonight (Thursday 30 March) with Evolve being the game of choice from 8pm. Take down a Behemoth with South Africans by your side. Head here for more information.
- Cold Fusion are hosting their regular LAN from Friday (31 March) at 6pm until Sunday. R100 per person is the asking price which gets you a seat and quality time with fellow gamers. More information can be found on the event page.
- Genshiken UCT is hosting a gaming evening at (you guessed it) UCT on Friday night. From 6pm, you can bring along your chosen gear for some social gaming action. Entrance is free for Genshiken members or R20 for non-members. Additional information is available here.
- We zombies are hosting a Call of Duty Infinite Warfare LAN tournament on Saturday (1 April) at the MWEB Mcave. The team cap has been hit but you can find out more here.
- Kosta Games kick off their online season for FIFA 17 on Saturday. The league runs until 21 April and features cash prizes for your R125 buy-in. More information can be found here.
- Spartan Esports start their CS:GO and Dota 2 online tournaments aimed at ‘second division and lower’ teams from Monday 3 April. Entry is R250 per team which then adds to the prize pool. Get the information you need here.
Remember to keep these days open for some upcoming action a little further in the future:
- 29 April to 1 May 2017: FanCon
- 28 to 30 July 2017: EGE
- 6 to 8 October 2017: rAge JHB
- More 2017 Gaming and Geek Expos can be found here.
Competitions & Giveaways
- Incredible Connection: Win an Xbox One S
- SA Gamer: FREE GAMES VRYDAG – Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix (PS4)
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at email@example.com and we will do our best to cover it.