It is heating up in gaming around SA. Plenty happening and we reckon it’s just the start. While we wait for everything to be announced, here’s what you may have missed recently:
- Zombiegamer: Telkom Digital Gaming League (DGL) | Sapphire Showdown
- Zombiegamer: GINX eSports TV coming to DStv 1 May
- Zombiegamer: ACGL announce a season of tournaments
- Zombiegamer: Mettlestate Samsung Galaxy CS:GO Championship Details
- Zombiegamer: rAge Cape Town has been cancelled
- Zombiegamer: Trenchtown Infinite Warfare Tournament | Details and Registration
- Zombiegamer: Bravado Gaming reveal their new Dota 2 squad
- ACGL: ACGL Season One Tournament Program Announced
- Critical Hit: ACGL cement PC presence with Seasonal league
- Critical Hit: Turns out SuperSport are bringing esports to DSTV
- Critical Hit: All you need to know about Mettlestate’s Samsung Galaxy Championship
- Critical Hit: The 2017 Cape Town rAge expo has been cancelled
- GLHF: eXdee: Focusing on the Future
- MWEB GameZone: ACGL Season 1 announced: Open to all South African gamers
- MWEB GameZone: What SA gamers can expect from the SuperSport eSports channel
- MWEB GameZone: SA Buyers Guide: PS4 external hard drives
- MWEB GameZone: SA Buyers Guide: Graphics cards to play top games at recommended settings
- MWEB GameZone: Africa, Middle East and Europe gets Hearthstone pack price increase
- MWEB GameZone: GTX 1080 Ti South African Price List
- MWEB GameZone: rAge 2017 Cape Town has been cancelled
- NAG: Did you know a million rand local eSports tournament starts tonight?
- NAG: rAge Cape Town is dead, long live rAge Cape Town
- NAG: Podcast: Episode 34 – Among The Innocent
- SA Gamer: rAge Cape Town 2017 has been cancelled
- Telkom Gaming: DGL
Plenty of ongoing events doing the rounds at the moment including the DGL Masters Leg 1, DGL Leg 2 and the DGL Sapphire as well as the Ballistix Masters and Mettlestate’s Galaxy CS:GO tournament. In Ghana, the FIFA 17 Champion of Champions continues.
Meanwhile, over on ACGL, there are plenty of tournaments on offer for you too.
Otherwise, there are these fine activities to keep you entertained:
- Xbox Playdates ZA are hosting Halo Wars 2 tonight (Thursday 16 March) from 8pm. Join fellow South Africans in the battle against the Covenant. Additional information can be found here.
- Mega8 CS:GO Autumn Cup kicks off this weekend (18 and 19 March) with 16 teams battling to secure a top eight spot for the finals scheduled from 31 March. Additional information can be found here.
- Crown the King has a FIFA 17 tournament scheduled for Mafikeng on Saturday 18 March. At the time of writing no details or confirmation is available via their Facebook page.
- We are at Trenchtown on Saturday for a FIFA 17 tournament. All necessary information can be found here.
- Halo SA are streaming the finals of their 4v4 Halo 5 tournament this Sunday (19 March) from 5pm. The final three teams standing are ViNCO Gaming, Hi 5 and 50/50 Esports. The action can be caught live here.
Remember to keep these days open for some upcoming action a little further in the future:
- 29 April to 1 May 2017: FanCon
- 28 to 30 July 2017: EGE
- 6 to 8 October 2017: rAge JHB
- More 2017 Gaming and Geek Expos can be found here.
Competitions & Giveaways
Mythic Gaming made two announcements over the last week. The first was to reveal that they were pulling out of Call of Duty on console for the time being, while the other announced the addition of Gaming View Technologies as a sponsor.
— Mythic Gaming (@mythicgamingza) March 14, 2017
FIFA 17 fans can join in the next season of the Kosta Games online league which kicks off on 1 April. Cash prizes up for grabs.
We back again for our 2nd season of our Online League following a great success on our maiden league. Here's a chance…
Looking back with Tech Girl
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at email@example.com and we will do our best to cover it.