If you’re here, you can expect exactly what the headline says: Gaming News. From and about South Africa. All wrapped up.
So let’s jump right in with news from elsewhere:
- Zombiegamer: Bravado Gaming expands to console
- Zombiegamer: Telkom Digital Gaming League (DGL) | Masters DotA2 Round 4 Results
- ACGL: Overwatch Festival (OWFESTZA) 15 and 19 Feb Results
- Critical Hit: AMD officially reveals three Ryzen CPUs! Local pricing and specs confirmed
- Critical Hit: Riot’s expansion into India says a lot about our scene
- Dexerto: South Africa’s Bravado Gaming Enter Call of Duty Esports Scene
- Game Arena: AMD Ryzen South African Pricing Revealed
- GLHF: Story Time with Hellbird: It’s in the bag
- GLHF: Mythic SNX talks Emerald Showdown and Sapphire Cups
- MWEB GameZone: BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION surpasses Kickstarter goal
- MWEB GameZone: SABC talks SA gaming and eSports
- NAG: How The Brotherhood is making something “new and different” with Beautiful Desolation
- NAG: Podcast: Episode 31
- SA Gamer: Video: Nintendo Switch launch event
- Telkom Gaming: CS:GO Masters Round 4 Wrap Up
- Telkom Gaming: DGL
- Vinco Gaming: DGL is Black and Yellow
Telkom DGL continues with the Masters Leg 1 and the DGL Sapphire series, while those looking for other fixes could consider these upcoming events and tournaments:
- Xbox Playdates ZA has Project CARS on the agenda tonight (Thursday 23 February) from 8pm. If you’re keen to get involved, you can get more information here.
- Shared Space LAN in Roodepoort will be kicking off on 24 February and running until 27 February. Entry is R150 per person. Details of the event can be found here.
- MSSA are hosting the Gauteng Provincial Championships on Saturday and Sunday (25 and 26 February). The epsorts, board games and war games event will be at Jeppe High. For more, head to the MSSA Facebook page.
- Kosta Games are hosting their FIFA 17 Sunday Championship on, well, Sunday. Entry is R120 and there is a prize pool of R1,500 up for grabs. Players can head to Maurice Tavern in Gauteng to compete or to Kosta Games’ Facebook page for more information.
- ACGL will be hosting the second 3v3 tournament in the Overwatch Festival on Sunday. This will be followed on Wednesday (1 March) by the final 1v1 tournament. Details can be found here.
Remember to keep these days open for some upcoming action a little further in the future:
- 27 to 29 April 2017: rAge Cape Town
- 29 April to 1 May 2017: FanCon
- 28 to 30 July 2017: EGE
- 6 to 8 October 2017: rAge JHB
- More 2017 Gaming and Geek Expos can be found here.
Competitions & Giveaways
…are now live in South Africa across all three platforms. (In case you missed the news or were playing another game thinking that our little old neck of the woods had been forgotten about).
The South African datacenter is based in Johannesburg and according to DICE, players can now “enjoy online Multiplayer with lower latency than previously experienced.”
Now is as a good a time as any to head to the battlefield.
The Xbox One S has local pricing but not a local release date as yet.
However, the updated Xbox One which features “4K Ultra HD video, High Dynamic Range, a 40% smaller console, and a streamlined controller” is now available to pre-order.
The recommended price for the Xbox One S is R4999.00 for the 500GB and R5999.00 for the 1TB.
Pre-ordering the console will bag you an extra controller and FIFA 17, or a 12 month Xbox Live subscription.
Looking back with Bravado’s Cent
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at email@example.com and we will do our best to cover it.