Get you dose of local gaming news in easy to swallow doses every week with our SA Gaming News Wrap.
We kick it off with a few things you may have missed elsewhere:
- Zombiegamer: South African esports | Weekly Schedule (13 – 19 February 2017)
- Zombiegamer: Telkom Digital Gaming League (DGL) | Masters DotA2 Round 3 Results
- ACGL: For Honor 1v1 Results – Blood was Spilt
- Critical Hit: A new MSSA under Morizane Boyes?
- Critical Hit: MSSA Part 2: SASCOC Suspension, lottery funding and the infamous Matatheni Mosotho
- Critical Hit: Surely it’s time for more local servers?
- Game Arena: Join The ACGL Overwatch Tournaments With Over R15 000 In Prizes!
- GLHF: Story Time with Axtremes: The Bomb has been Planted
- GLHF: Emerald Showdown Today, Masters Showdown Tomorrow
- HTXT: African Cyber Gaming League Overwatch Festival: Here’s what you can win
- HTXT: Here’s why South Africa isn’t included in the Hearthstone Global Games
- HTXT: Console gamers get a shot at the DGL Masters 2017 R1.5 mil prize pool
- MWEB GameZone: The Acer Nexus Experience is the stuff gaming heaven is made of
- My Broadband: Mettlestate – esports in South Africa is about to change forever
- NAG: Local indie game Beautiful Desolation funded on Kickstarter
- NAG: Local indie game Semblance gets its first wibbly, wobbly teaser trailer
- NAG Podcast: Episode 30
- Nexus: SA Spotlight: Robot Wizard
- Telkom Gaming: CS:GO Masters Round 3 Wrap Up
- Telkom Gaming: DGL
Telkom DGL continues with the Masters Leg 1 and the DGL Leg 1, while those looking for single event fixes could consider these upcoming events and tournaments:
- Xbox Playdates ZA has Star Wars Battlefront on the agenda tonight (Thursday 16 February) from 9pm. If you’re keen to get involved, you can get more information here.
- Super Friendship Arcade are back. They will be hosting a Valentine’s inspired event at Hectic on Hope in Cape Town this Friday (17 February). R50 gets you in from 8pm. More can be found on the event page.
- ACGL will be hosting the second 1v1 tournament in the Overwatch Festival on Sunday (19 February). The first of the 3v3 tournaments will be hosted on Wednesday (22 February). Details can be found here.
Remember to keep these days open for some upcoming action a little further in the future:
- 27 to 29 April 2017: rAge Cape Town
- 29 April to 1 May 2017: FanCon
- 28 to 30 July 2017: EGE
- 6 to 8 October 2017: rAge JHB
- More 2017 Gaming and Geek Expos can be found here.
Competitions & Giveaways
- Critical Hit: Win a copy of For Honor on PS4 or Xbox One
- Megarom: Win a ‘For Honor’ Hamper with Megarom
- MWEB GameZone: For Honor hamper up for grabs
- SA Gamer: Free Games Vrydag – For Honor (PS4/Xbox One)
Just a reminder that over at ACGL are a number of happenings to get involved with. Call of Duty and FIFA players can submit their best moments for the Top 5 Plays of February. The best of the bunch will feature in the highlight video.
Meanwhile, the action is underway in the Overwatch Festival with tournaments happening over the following dates:
- 15 February – 1v1 Mystery Duel
- 19 February – 1v1 Mystery Duel
- 22 February – 3v3 Elimination
- 26 February – 3v3 Elimination
- 1 March – 1v1 Mystery Duel
Remember that there are some pretty cool prizes up for grabs, including a random draw hamper.
Registrations have opened for the Sapphire series. For the CS:GO and Dota 2 teams wanting a shot at a Masters slot via the wildcard, you should head here for more information. For almost all other DGL supported titles, you should head here.
Registrations close 19 February with the action kicking off 20 February.
— DGL (@TelkomDGL) February 13, 2017
Mega8 would like to announce our next tournament, the CS:GO Autumn Cup 2017. 16 teams will have the opportunity to…
Where are all the casters?
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to cover it.