Get you SA Gaming news here. And elsewhere. But here mainly.
If you’re keen to get your (currently) Call of Duty plays in the ACGL Top 5 Plays of the Month, remember to get your clips in to them as soon as possible. Details are available here.
Also, time is running out for local CS:GO teams to register for the latest ESEA season.
A few articles that you possibly missed over the last week:
- Zombiegamer: Bravado Gaming’s 2017 Dota 2 Plans
- Zombiegamer: Telkom Digital Gaming League (DGL) | DotA2 Emerald Do-or-Die Proving Grounds Round 3 Results
- Zombiegamer: Trenchtown FIFA 17 Tournament | The Results
- Zombiegamer: South African esports | Weekly Schedule (25 – 29 January 2017)
- Zombiegamer: Telkom Digital Gaming League (DGL) | DotA2 Emerald Do-or-Die Proving Grounds Round 2 Results
- Zombiegamer: White Rabbit Gaming Confirm 2017 Roster
- Zombiegamer: Telkom Digital Gaming League (DGL) | DotA2 Emerald Do-or-Die Proving Grounds Round 1 Results
- Zombiegamer: No Bravado Gaming in the 2017 Telkom DGL Masters
- Zombiegamer: Energy eSports and CarboN eSports Merge
- Zombiegamer: Telkom Digital Gaming League (DGL) | DotA2 Masters Preview
- Zombiegamer: Telkom Digital Gaming League (DGL) | DotA2 Emerald Genesis Finals Result & Do-or-Die Preview
- Zombiegamer: Telkom Digital Gaming League (DGL) | DotA2 Emerald Genesis Round 4 Results
- Brainwavez: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered At Trenchtown In January
- Critical Hit: Bravado Gaming is recruiting a Dota 2 team
- Critical Hit: Beautiful Desolation, a game set in a post-apocalyptic Africa, is now on Kickstarter
- Critical Hit: Fake news: Misinformation in the local scene
- Critical Hit: CS:GO – The roster change ripple effect
- Critical Hit: Bravado Gaming change up roster ahead of 2017 season
- GLHF: How Players Can Help Grow Local Esports
- GLHF: Golz on Leaving Bravado and Joining Flipside
- MWEB GameZone: Let’s discuss: The major changes from SA’s biggest eSports players
- MWEB GameZone: PS4 revolution pro-controller now available in S.A.
- MWEB GameZone: About Bravado Gaming’s new CS: GO squad
- NAG: Local (free!) sci-fi horror adventure game Cayne is comin’ outta the walls tonight
- NAG: Podcast: Episode 27
- Orena: Energy and CarboN join forces
- Telkom: DGL
An almost quiet weekend for gamers, but we’re sure it’s just while everyone finds their feet again after the lethargic start to the year.
- Xbox Playdates ZA is hosting a Forza Horizon 3 playdate on Thursday (26 January) from 8pm. It should be a good way to cruise around with a bunch of other South Africans in Australia… Details are available here.
- Welkom LAN returns to… Welkom on Friday (27 January) from 2pm. Entry is R100 at the NG Church/Kerk and the LAN is for PC, PlayStation and Xbox. Additional information is available here.
- Ghana and Namibia will be facing off in a FIFA 17 friendly on Saturday (28 January) from 12pm. You can catch the action live here.
- O-Mania Gaming are hosting a gaming night in the Eastern Cape on Saturday from 5pm. The event at Bella’s Coffee Shop will cost just R40 per person and feature a Mortal Kombat X tournament as well as other gaming. Details are available via their Facebook page.
Remember to keep these days open for some upcoming action a little further in the future:
- 3 to 5 February 2017: GAC LAN
- 27 to 29 April 2017: rAge Cape Town
- 29 April to 1 May 2017: FanCon
- 28 to 30 July 2017: EGE
- 6 to 8 October 2017: rAge JHB
Competitions & Giveaways
- Raru: Win Torment: Tides of Numenera: Collector’s Edition (PC)
- SA Gamer: Free Games Vrydag – Resident Evil VII
Sales & Discounts
The first of the Telkom DGL qualifiers for wildcard seeding for the Masters finished up this past weekend. The Emerald Genesis Proving Grounds was held for both CS:GO and Dota 2 and saw 29 registrations and 26 registrations respectively.
The winners of each title were:
The next round in the wildcard qualifiers has already started for CS: GO and Dota 2, while a number of additional titles will be kicking off soon (albeit not for Masters slots). The Emerald Do-or-Die Proving Grounds includes titles such as League of Legends, Call of Duty, Battlefield, FIFA, Hearthstone and more.
Jandre Botha (Zeus), Keegan McMaster (Riptide) and Kyle Drennan (Replays) have been confirmed as leaving the organisation’s Call of Duty (PS4) team, leaving the MGO in search of three players to join the remaining core in time for the start of the Sapphire Cup wildcard qualifiers on 23 February.
Any interested players can find out more here.
Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare Launch, Cape Town
Trenchtown E-Sports: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
Gaming – eSports in SA / The Life of a Pro Gamer
by Expresso Show
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at email@example.com and we will do our best to cover it.