The sun is heating up this land of ours, so it’s probably best to stay indoors with the air-conditioner on. At least then you can game, but maybe head out to the events happening first. And then go indoors.
- ACGL: Ruan Ackermann on eSports at rAge Expo
- Geek Node: Introducing South Africa’s Xbox Playdates
- GLHF: Could South Africa Host a Dota 2 or CS: GO Major?
- MWEB GameZone: Win a ticket to the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare #StayinAliveZA Launch Party
- MWEB GameZone: What SA gamers had to say about Battlefield 1 at the launch party
- MWEB GameZone: What SA gamers will pay for November’s top game releases
- NAG: Stasis prequel Cayne gets a launch date, the Desolation Kickstarter gets a launch date, everybody gets a launch date
- NAG: Local game A Day in the Woods hits Steam
- NAG: Podcast: Episode 019
There’s a good variety of action this weekend. Make sure you support the stuff before they stop happening for good.
- The Cape Gate Tech & Gaming Expo starts Thursday 3 November and runs until Sunday 6 November. Activities over the four days include a variety of tournaments, giveaways, cosplay and more. Details can be found here.
- Cold Fusion LAN celebrates Halloween with their latest event starting Friday at 6pm and running until Sunday at 11am. The LAN is at Laerskool Edleen in Kempton Park and costs R80 per person. Additional information can be found on the event page.
- This Friday sees the launch of Infinite Warfare and to celebrate there is a launch party happening at the MWEB offices in Cape Town. If you haven’t got your entry in to attend, it’s almost already too late.
Remember to keep these days open for some upcoming action a little further in the future:
- 19 November 2016: PES Society Pro Evo 17 PS4 Tournament
- 29 April to 1 May 2017: FanCon
- 28 to 30 July 2017: EGE
Competitions & Giveaways
This past weekend at the Canal Walk Gaming Expo, the Cape Town qualifier of the Kwesé Sports FIFA 17 tournament took place.
Up for grabs was R20,000 cash and four spots at the grand finals to be played in Gauteng this November. The four Cape Town players will be joining the four rAge qualifiers where they will play for even more cash and glory.
The final placings after some scintillating match-ups in Cape Town are:
- 1st Place: Muzammil Mowzer (R10,000)
- 2nd Place: Aziz Hendricks (R5,000)
- 3rd Place: Waseem Moerat (R3,000)
- 4th Place: Brandon Bowers (R2,000)
The four Capetonians will meet Babalo, Kevin, Uwais_P and Vin in Gauteng on a date still to be confirmed.
Our photo albums from the event will follow soon on our Facebook page.
The local details for the release of the new PS4 Slim have been confirmed and the console will come with a suggested retail price starting from R5,199.99. The console will be available locally from 4 November.
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced that the new slimmer and lighter PlayStation®4 (PS4™) (CUH-2000 series) computer entertainment system with a 500GB HDD will be available in South Africa from the 4th of November 2016, at a suggested retail price of R5199.99 and R5999.99*1 on the 1TB Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare bundle. (Offers may vary by retail channel)
This past weekend, two South African hopefuls were in Paris for the finals of this year’s ESWC tournaments.
Bravado Gaming were the representatives in CS: GO, while Sattar Hoosein featured in the FIFA 17 tournament. Sadly, both representatives didn’t make it out of the group phase but Bravado Gaming performed valiantly in the group decider which they narrowly lost 2-1 against French team LDLC.
Sattar found the going tough and secured himself two draws in his seven matches.
You can view the full set of results for each tournament here:
Pulse Gaming’s Evolve took Orena’s ROG Carnage Cup for Battlefield 4 this past weekend.
The team beat xTc-Legion 3-0 in the finals to secure themselves R10000.00 in Rebeltech Vouchers.
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at email@example.com and we will do our best to cover it.