You’ll have to forgive us a little as we’re still in recovery from EGE 2016 and have plenty of post-event admin to do which means our coverage of the event and what’s happening around SA itself is not as comprehensive as we like. Please bear with us and normal broadcasts will resume soon.
We will be posting a number of EGE wraps soon, including our winners, other visitor’s coverage and more.
In case you missed some local news over the last week, head here:
- Zombiegamer: CS:GO Southern Barbarians’ TWC campaign starts 3 August
- Brainwavez: E-Sports Report: Call Of Duty: Black Ops III At Trenchtown In June
- G3AR: NAG LAN Tickets on sale this weekend
- Geek Node: Geeky Goods: A Gamer’s Guide To Gaming
- Lazygamer: The top four South African Overwatch teams enter the knockouts
- MWEB GameZone: Gauteng Pokémon GO players strut their stuff in style at Montecasino
- MWEB GameZone: E-Frag CS: GO African Qualifiers: It’s time to get behind ‘The team from SA’
- MyGaming: The Hearthstone Summer Preliminary is coming to Johannesburg
- MyGaming: Why Valve’s ban on betting sites could ruin competitive gaming in South Africa
- NAG: Local developers RetroEpic join sustainability initiative
- NAG: The rAge 2016 NAG LAN tickets go on sale this weekend
- nAvTV Podcast: Episode 38 – 29-07-2016 – With Extra Salt
- SA Gamer: NAG LAN tickets go on sale this weekend
- Tech Girl: The 30 second Dota 2 challenge
- Telkom Gaming: DGL
- Telkom Gaming: How to Set Up CS:GO Like a Pro 2016
Bit of a quiet weekend this one with only the Cold Fusion LAN listed and the Telkom DGL Leg 4 scheduled to start on Monday 8 August. A number of other ongoing events currently underway including the HaloSA tournament, Eclipse Cup, Orena’s Ladders, ESEA, Predator MGMS and more.
- Overwatch action from the Orena ladders kicks off at 7:30pm tonight with a second match happening at 9:30pm. The action will be live via Orena’s Twitch channel.
- Cold Fusion LAN heads back to Laerskool Edleen for their (almost) monthly BYO LAN. Expect tournaments and socialising for R80 per person. The action starts at 6pm on Friday 5 August and will run until Sunday morning at 9am. Details can be found on the event page.
Remember to keep these days open for some upcoming action a little further in the future:
- 7 to 9 October: rAge
- 19 to 20 November: UCON
Competitions & Giveaways
If you’ve been wondering whether Telkom will still be hosting titles other than the Masters titles at rAge 2016, wonder no more as the Digital Gaming Championships titles have now been announced.
The PC gets the majority of love with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Dota 2, Battlefield 4, League of Legends and Black Ops 3, while Black Ops 3 also features on the PlayStation 4 and Hearthstone gets a run on all supported platforms.
The prize pool is still to be confirmed, but the action happens at the TicketPro Dome over the weekend of 7 to 9 October.
Drakon Gaming Chair
Evetech will be supplying the Drakon Gaming Chair for South Africa. Price is not yet known and release date is “soon”.
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at email@example.com and we will do our best to cover it.