It’s been a busy week in South Africa – especially within the Counter-Strike scene which has seen a number of major announcements for probably the country’s fastest growing competitive title. You can find out more via our links below, as well as discover a few other things you may have missed from elsewhere:
- Zombiegamer: ESEA expands into South Africa
- Zombiegamer: Registrations now open for MGMS CS: GO Qualifier 1
- Zombiegamer: Orena launches new website
- Zombiegamer: ESWC CS: GO Qualifiers for SA announced
- Zombiegamer: Trenchtown Black Ops 3 Tournament | Details and Registration
- GLHF: Taking South African eSports to the Next Level
- Lazygamer: Orena announce the South African ESWC Qualifiers
- Lazygamer: What does it mean that ESEA is in South Africa?
- MyGaming: Here is how much a VR-Ready PC costs in South Africa
- MyGaming: This is how crazy the prices of games are in South Africa
- MyGaming: Not just another girl gamer – Meet Julia “BiSH” Robson
- MyGaming: GTX 1080 Founders Edition South African pricing revealed
- MyGaming: South African Counter-Strike pros will compete for $50,000 prize pool
- MWEB GameZone: Another international tournament opens for SA’s CS: GO community
- MWEB GameZone: Predator MGMS CS:GO Q1 – Registrations Open
- MWEB GameZone: ESEA CS: GO expands to South Africa with $50 000 tournament invitation
- MWEB GameZone: Predator becomes headline sponsors of MGMS
- SA Gamer: 2016 Pokémon VGC/TCG South African National Championship – Results
- SA Gamer: Meet gamemissy, she probably has more Platinum trophies than you have Gold ones
- Telkom Gaming: DGL
- Telkom Gaming: DGL Relegations
- Telkom Gaming: Mortal Kombat XL Second Qualifier Results
There’s a fair spread of action this weekend for gamers around the country. Keep in mind that there is the HaloSA tournament currently underway still.
- Mini Rage kicks things off this weekend. From Friday at 6pm, you can head to Shop 17 in Wilrocorner, Roodepoort for the LAN event. There are 60 seats available with entry costing R150. The LAN marks the first of monthly LAN events planned. Details here.
- MSSA is in Mpumalanga for the Provincial Championships for the province. The weekend’s action starts Saturday 28 May and continues on Sunday. Details via their Facebook page.
- We zombies are at Trenchtown for a FIFA 16 tournament which also features a ‘pop-up emporium’ of local vendors. Details are available here.
- Kosta Games in Gauteng have you covered for FIFA 16 if you are up north. Entry is limited to 32 players and costs R180 pre-paid or R200 at the door, with R2,000 up for grabs for the first place player. You can find out more about the tournament on their event page.
- If you want to catch some great Battlefield 4 action, then you can do so on Sunday 29 May from 7:30pm as South Africa battles in a classic ‘North vs. South’ confrontation. To keep in the loop of the details, we suggest heading to the Battlefield SA Facebook group.
- Plan-G in Port Elizabeth are hosting a new weekly FIFA 16 league at The Neighborhood. Entry is R20 and the league will run every Tuesday night until 26 July with weekly prizes up for grabs. keep your eyes on their Facebook page for more.
Remember to keep these days open for some upcoming action a little further in the future:
Competitions & Giveaways
- Megarom: Win a custom Xbox One and Overwatch
- SA Gamer: FREE GAMES VRYDAG – Overwatch (PS4)
- SteelSeries: Win Overwatch and more
- MSI Vortex and Doom Launch by Brady Ruiters
- Judging FanCon 2016 a Baka Sakura Cosumentary by Cos We Play
- The ‘O’H SHOW #7 – Racno Returns!
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to cover it.