And there it is in your rear-view mirror – another week past in the local gaming scene. Thankfully there’s more on the horizon though.
A few things you may have missed from elsewhere on the local sites:
- Zombiegamer: Black Ops 3 | November 2015 LAN – Details and Registration
- Zombiegamer: FIFA 16 | November Tournament – Details and Registration
- Dexerto: South Africa Interviews – Ventus and Vinco
- Lazygamer: The MSI Laziest Heroes of The Storm Tournament
- Lazygamer: Steam will soon be selling games in South African Rands
- MWEB GameZone: SA price comparison for November’s game releases
- MWEB GameZone: On Tuesday the South African Rand comes to Steam, and so does VAT
- Telkom Gaming: eSports
A noticeable slow down in events as the exam period hits the schools and tertiary institutions. For those that don’t have those responsibilities, you can look forward to these events:
- Sci-Fi Con is happening at Midrand Primary School on Saturday (14 November) and will cater for Star Wars fans, and geek fans in general. Entry is R80 per person, and there will be RoboWars, cosplay, vendors and more. Tickets are limited, and you can find out more by keeping your eyes on the Facebook Event Page.
You can also read more about what to expect at the event here.
- GameLocal is scheduled to host another of their R10,000 FIFA 16 tournaments on Saturday. The tournament is scheduled for Rustenburg, but the venue is still “TBC”. Players can anter for R360 and the prize up for grabs is the aforementioned R10,000 in cash. The best spot to keep in the loop about this event is via the Facebook Event Page.
- Jukes Club and Esports Lounge have a busy couple of days happening, starting from Thursday. You can hit the links to the various events for more:
- There are a few events slightly further in the future that you may want to book in your diary:
Competitions & Giveaways
- G3AR: Freebie Friday – win a R1000 voucher with Game Arena
- Megarom: Starcraft: Legacy of The Void Collector’s Edition
- PlayStation SA: Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Console Bundle
- SA Gamer: Free Games Vrydag – Fallout 4
- Zombiegamer: Win a Clan Rebrand with #PWND
We don’t often get back to the winners of these notifications, but we’re pleased to announce that Nick ‘HoldenZA’ Holden bagged himself the Juggernot Black Ops 3 fridge that was up for grabs on Lazygamer. He had to set a winning time for Free Run mode and did so with ease… While placing top ten worldwide…
MWEB GameZone is hosting the Gigabyte Star Wars launch event on 20 November, and as is the case with many of the launch events at the MWEB Mcave, you can expect plenty in terms of loot up for grabs.
Thanks to local distributor Rectron, there will be Gigabtye hardware, a BenQ monitor and Aorus peripherals up for grabs, but you will need to be at the event to stand in line to win – and you need to do so before 16 November. So get your entry in via this article here, and stand inline to walk off with a BenQ gaming monitor, a high-end graphics card, motherboard and more.
Game Arena have announced that they will be opening a venue to cater for your gaming needs.
Their eSports Gaming Centre will be based in Lyttelton, Centurion and is scheduled to open in “late November” however, they have subsequently announced a Mortal Kombat X tournament for the 15th of November, leading us to believe that the opening date may actually be this Sunday.
Entry to the tournament will be R60, and prizes will be cash to the value of R500 for first place, R300 for second and R150 for third. The equipment for the tournament will be supplied, but fighters can bring along their own “approved” tournament controller for the tournament that kicks off from 12pm on Sunday.
Game Arena, Highlands Shopping Centre, 148 Rabie Street, Lyttelton, Centurion
Best of 3
Bring your own Controller
High End Gaming Desktop
40″ 4K UHD TV
R 500 – First Place
R 300 – Second Place
R 150 – Third Place
More information is available on the Facebook Event Page.
The MSSA has announced their 2016 Calendar of Events with the caveat that it will be “ratified at the AGM” which is scheduled for December.
Looking a little ahead of the 2016 calendar, this weekend (Saturday 14 November) the South African League of Legends team take on Israel at 7pm. [Source]
Black Ops 3 Launch Event
You can find out about even more events happening in South Africa in our events calendar. If you want all the news about goings on in South Africa, simply click on the SA flag to be whisked to the most comprehensive coverage of South African gaming that you will find on the internet. You may just be surprised by how much is happening around the country.
Know of anything gaming related happening or happened in South Africa? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to cover it.