There is a double xp weekend for those with Red Faction: Guerilla, starting Friday 11th September (tomorrow) and going on until the 13th, but only on the new Big Boomers playlist.
So what does that mean? Well here it is in all its glory.
We’re only eight days away from our second DLC package being released – containing eight new maps and two new modes – so we thought we’d try something new the weekend before release, and explore some alternative game modes within Multiplayer. Starting on Friday the 11th, we’re going to add in a new playlist called “Big Boomers”.
To celebrate this new playlist, we’re going to run Double XP the entire weekend (Sept. 11th-13th) before DLC Pack 2 is released for Big Boomers only (No other playlists will have double XP). Big Boomers is meant to level out the playing field, whether you have been playing for 4 months or 4 minutes. We’re encouraging everyone to casually hop in, play, and really explore a more explosive and fast-paced side of Red Faction, so be sure to tell any friends that haven’t tried the MP portion yet, now is the time.
I’d like everyone to close their eyes for a few minutes (read the rest of this paragraph first), lean back, and imagine what new weapon/backpack/mode combinations we might have added. Once you think you know, click on the link at the bottom of this post, and you’ll be taken to the full breakdown of the entire playlist.
- 6 players
- No parties
- Time limits are set to between 5 and 8 minutes.
- Entries with Unlimited ammo have Weapon spawns set to None.
- Entries without Unlimited ammo have Weapon spawns set to Always.
- Movement speed is 120% or 130% in all but one entry.
- Many entries have increased health or regeneration speed.
- Handicap is set to High across the board except for CTF which is Medium.
- Respawn times are reduced to 3 seconds in Anarchy and 7 seconds in DC/CTF.
- Deadzone: Fleetfoot and Sledgehammer; No BP spawns, No Weapon spawns
- Fall Factor: Jetpack, Thermobaric, Rocket Launcher, and Nano Rifle; Fleetfoot BP spawns, Unlimited ammo
- Radial: Rhino, Peacekeeper, Arc Welder, and Singularity Bomb; Fleetfoot BP spawns, Unlimited Ammo
- Warlords: Thrust, Singularity Bomb, Arc Welder, and Enforcer; Jetpack BP spawns, Unlimted Ammo
- Wreckage: Jetpack, Thermobaric, Rocket Launcher, and Nano Rifle; Fleetfoot BP spawns, Unlimited ammo
- Downfall: Jetpack and Singularity Bomb; Fleetfoot BP spawns, Unlimited Ammo
- Excavation: Jetpack, Arc Welder, and Singularity Bomb; Fleetfoot BP spawns, Unlimited ammo
- Pinnacle: Jetpack, Rocket Launcher, Enforcer, and Arc Welder; Fleetfoot BP spawns
- Quarantine: Thrust and Arc Welder; Jetpack BP spawns, Unlimited ammo
- Rift: Jetpack, Thermobaric, Sniper Rifle, and Arc Welder; Thrust BP spawns, Unlimited ammo
- Crash Site: Jetpack, Singularity Bomb, and Reconstructor; Rhino BP spawns, Unlimited ammo
- Quarantine: Fleetfoot, Singularity Bomb, and Reconstructor; Concussion BP spawns, Unlimited ammo
- Sandpit: Jetpack, Rocket Launcher, Grinder, and Enforcer; Fleetfoot BP spawns
- Crash Site: Concussion, Peacekeeper, and Arc Welder; Vision BP spawns