In case there was any doubt, rAge 2019 is happening. It’s still on 27 to 29 September, and being held at the TicketPro Dome in Northgate. Yes, that still means it is just days after Comic Con Africa, but did you really think someone was going to budge on that from either side? Certainly not that close to the expected dates.
As rAge heads towards its 17th year, it brings along a rebrand. A modernisation of the familiar all-lower-case-except-for-the-A logo of the last few years. It looks – in this gfx hack’s opinion – pretty slick.
While there is still plenty to confirm, the expo promises “an abundance of games to play, the latest gaming hardware to try out, a variety of displays, activities and gaming experiences on the show floor, cosplay, geek arts and culture, locally developed games on the home_coded stand, gaming apparel and accessories to buy, stages, esports, show specials, competitions and giveaways, and much much more!”
Tickets are now available to purchase, with a variety of options:
- Day Pass: R160 per person (ticket valid for entry for one day only)
- Weekend Pass: R320 per person (ticket valid for entry for all three days)
- Children under 6 are free
Additionally, the following tickets will be available at the door only:
- Family Pass: R540 per family (ticket valid for one day for 2 adults + 2 children aged between 6 & 18)
- Student Pass: R110 per person (ticket valid for Friday only upon presentation of valid student card)
Finally, scholars and school groups can get a ticket for the Friday of the event at R110 per person, but can only be booked in advance upon enquiry.
- Friday 27 September: 10h00-18h00
- Saturday 28 September: 09h00-18h00
- Sunday 29 September: 09h00-16h00