PlayStation.com has done a neat little round up of the major Sony announcements regarding their PS3 price drop, new PSP, some Vita details and a what’s new on the Move side of things. We’ve already covered the PS3 price drop and the new PSP, but this provides a useful one-stop list.
- New features announced which make the most of the revolutionary handheld’s social connectivity, including bespoke versions of social applications Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and Skype.
- Location based leader boards will let gamers see how they rank with others nearby as well as taking part in location specific challenges for prizes.
- Near, the location based service powered by PlayStation Network and developed specifically for PS Vita, will be pre-installed on PS Vita.
- Similarly, Party will let gamers chat via voice and text with others during online gameplay or when using other applications.
- On the software front, PS Vita outings for Resistance, LittleBigPlanet and Reality Fighters were shown, along with the innovative and quirky Escape Plan.
- A new trailer for Resistance 3 inspired by the art of powerhouse artist Olly Moss was shown.
- inFamous Festival of Blood, a new, nightmarish twist to this visually-stunning game, was revealed.
- New footage was shown of the most eagerly anticipated game of the year, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.
- The PlayStation branded 3D display confirmed for SCEE territories.
- A new, lower price for PS3 of just €249.99 was confirmed across Europe, making amazing and unique gaming experiences more accessible than ever.
- A new PSP, PSP-E1000, that will retail for just €99.99 was revealed.
- PSP-E1000 plays the entire PSP catalogue of games, but without access to Wi-Fi.
- New additions to the PSP Essentials range including Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, LittleBigPlanet and MotorStorm Arctic Edge.
- One new game announced – Move Fitness, a unique fitness title – and more details revealed for DanceStar Party, the latest from the acclaimed makers of SingStar
Watch a video replay of SCEE’s press conference for a limited time and read more on each of the announcements at PlayStation.Blog, then let the rest of the PlayStation Community know which of these incredible games and entertainment experiences you’re most looking forward to – join the conversation now at blog.eu.playstation.com.
And more details on the PS Vita social network features:
Stay connected and in the know with PlayStation Vita.
The amazing social networking features of PS Vita can help you stay in touch with your friends and up to date with all the latest gossip. Find out what’s going on all over the world, wherever you are, with these social network apps. They’ve been developed specifically for PS Vita and will be available to download for free from PlayStation Store.
Facebook allows you to create your own personal profile, connect with friends, colleagues and family, and ultimately stay in touch with your contacts. Share your photos, create social events and Like your favourite companies, artists and brands to see what they’re up to. Just earned a platinum trophy in your favourite game? Update your status and let your friends know about your achievements on PS Vita.
This app has been designed especially for PS Vita, so your pictures, videos and profile will look stunning on the system’s 5 inch OLED screen.
Stay connected and in touch with Facebook, and be sure to Like the Official PlayStation Facebook page and keep up to date with your favourite games at facebook.com/SonyPlaystation.
Instantly update your followers with news, pictures and information using Twitter. As well as sending your own Tweets, you can follow your friends, idols, celebrities, industry experts and organisations to find out what’s happening all over the world. You can even take a screen grab of the game you’re playing on your PS Vita and share it, so everyone can see you pushing the Little Deviants around or getting a hole-in-one in Everybody’s Golf.
Download Twitter for immediate news, opinions and updates, and make sure that you follow PlayStation on Twitter at twitter.com/PlayStationEU.
Let your friends know where you are and find out where they’re hanging out with Foursquare. Check in at venues all over the world to earn points and badges, and leave tips, reviews and recommendations for your friends to read. Check in at a location more than anyone else and you can even become its mayor.
You’re always in the know with Foursquare – don’t miss a trick.
Get together with friends and family all over the world with Skype. Give them a call on your PS Vita and catch up with either text or voice chat, no matter where they are.
These social network applications use either 3G or Wi-Fi technology. If you have the 3G model, you’ll be able to stay connected all the time, wherever you are.
Keep up to date with all of the latest PlayStation Vita info and sign up to the latest news via email with Inside PS Vita. Head over to eu.playstation.com/psvita and become part of a gaming revolution.