This past weekend saw the completion of the inaugural KweséSports ACE FIFA tournament which featured a prize pool of R50,000 for the final eight to battle for.
The competition saw the top four players from the rAge qualifier in Gauteng face the top four from Cape Town’s qualifier in a double elimination event. In the end, the top two players were from the Cape Town contingent in a replica of the Cape Town qualifier’s final.
Muzammil Mowzer and Aziz Hendricks faced off in a match which saw them choose FC Bayern Munich and Real Madrid respectively. The close fought final eventually saw Mowzer prevail with a 4-3 win that needed extra time to decide on who would secure the R25,000 winner’s cheque.
- 1st Place: Muzammil Mowzer (Cape Town) – R25,000
- 2nd Place: Aziz Hendricks (Cape Town) – R15,000
- 3rd Place: Babalo Manqele (Gauteng) – R7,000
- 4th Place: Kevin Tembo (Gauteng) – R3,000
- 5th Place: Waseem Moerat (Cape Town)
- 5th Place: Brandon Bowers (Cape Town)
- 7th Place: Vin Mushwana (Gauteng)
- 7th Place: Uwais Patel (Gauteng)
Also up for grabs was an additional R10,000 in cash for attendees. R5,000 went to Hlongi Manong who then failed to secure the other R5,000 in a competition against Uwais Patel and Vin Mushwana. The two tournament players walked off with R2,500 each.
The tournament finals were hosted at the Microsoft offices in Bryanston and the tournament was played on Xbox One.
[Source and photos: KweséSports]