A new title update for Max Payne 3 was released over the weekend [we missed it due to our excitement over the GTA V screens] and brings with it a “new multiplayer player card” and also enables Payne Thresholds which goes live across all three platforms following the release of the free Disorganized Crime Pack DLC.
The update includes a variety of fixes and adjustments:
- The new Multiplayer Player Card, which allows you and your friends to track multiplayer stats including current amount of XP, total kills, favorite weapon and more.
- New Automated cheat protection and lag protection measures.
- Improvements to multiplayer load times
- Players can now spawn with dual wield if they have two sidearms and no two-handed weapon equipped
- Polish language support has been added
- Party leader now has the option of taking entire party with them when they back out of a match
- Weapon rank in the Arsenal is now visible on the left side of the screen, not just the right
- The Crew menu is now available inside lobbies
- XP gained for completing Grinds no longer contributes to rankings in Gang Wars matches
- Improvements to the spectator camera in Gang Wars
- Gang Wars wager system improved to better show betting results
Payne Thresholds is a new set of multiplayer challenges “designed to reward players with bonuses for accomplishing certain feats during the course of a multiplayer match.”
Each Payne Threshold has a Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum level, and once you cross each of the first three individual thresholds you’re rewarded with bonus XP, while achieving the Platinum level of any Payne Threshold unlocks a new custom title for your multiplayer character.Bronze: 1,000 XP | Silver: 2,500 XP | Gold: 5,000 XP | Platinum: Custom TitlePlus, you’ll also be able to check your personal bests for any Payne Threshold against your friends, Crewmates and the rest of the world both in-game and via the Social Club. The first three Payne Thresholds, which will each be available as part of the new Title Update coming next week, are documented below:Adrenaline RushEarn the most adrenaline in a gameJuggernautTake the most damage without dyingPostmaster GeneralMost packages delivered in a Delivery or Grab game during Gang WarsIndividual Payne Thresholds will only be available for a limited time – these three will open up starting with next week’s Title Update goes live and last for only one week – so be sure to stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire, as well as our Twitter feed for updates and notifications of new challenges.