It was never in doubt that there would be a Game-Of-The-Edition of the PlayStation 3 exclusive ‘Little Big Planet’. Developed by Media Molecule, LittleBigPlanet is a community-based game that allows players to “Play, Create, and Share.” The experience starts with players customizing SackBoy, the loveable main character, you interact with the surrounding environment and are tasked with making your way across the LittleBigPlanet to help find missing characters, their creations, and the sneaky culprit responsible for their disappearance. While discovering all the wonderful, strange and colorful landscapes tended by the “Creator Curators,” you solve puzzles and collect items that can be used to create levels in this stylish and stitched-together 3D world. On LittleBigPlanet there are developer and user-generated levels to create and explore and play using a huge host of goodies, tools, stickers, and more. You can also share the worlds and play with others on the PlayStation Network.
• 18 NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN LEVELS CREATED BY THE FANS – Each creator was hand picked by developer Media Molecule based on previous levels that these enthusiasts created and shared online. Once identified, all 18 consumers were commissioned to design a completely new environment for the LittleBigPlanet world, allowing each fan to become an amateur video game developer. All bonus levels are readily available to consumers by selecting the “Bonus Level” in-game option.
• 7 COSTUME & LEVEL PACKS – Each content pack provides a mix of goodies to expand SackBoy’s wardrobe, deliver new action packed gameplay, and offer a larger variety of “Create” materials. These Packs include Metal Gear Solid Level Pack – featuring the “Paintinator” and six action-packed levels ($5.99), Metal Gear Solid Costumes ($5.99), Monsters Costumes ($2.99), Monsters Pack ($3.99), History Costumes ($2.99), History Pack ($3.99), and Animals Costumes ($2.99). All packs are priced as on the PlayStation®Store.
• ACCESS TO MODNATION RACERS ONLINE BETA – Get a sneak peek at PlayStation’s newest “Play, Create, Share” experience – ModNation Racers. Limited quantities of the LittleBigPlanet Game ofthe Year edition will include a PlayStation Network voucher code to download the upcoming online beta.
• PLAY, CREATE, SHARE – LittleBigPlanet allows players to not only play ready-made in-game levels, but to also create their own game levels and share them with others across the world via the PlayStation Network.
• CUSTOMIZED EXPERINCE – Whether the player is a fashion designer, an architect, or aspiring video game developer, they can show their talents off with the easy-to-use creation tools to build unique levels that can be used as a presentation, an in-game fashion show, a photo album, or a creative homage to your pet. The power of creation is firmly in the player’s hands.
• GET CREATIVE – Players will have infinite amounts of stickers, decorations, materials (glass, metal, sponge, polystyrene, cardboard, and rubber), bolts (springs, motor, and wobble bolts), switches, and rods to choose from to create their unique game levels for fun or competitive gameplay.
• PERSONALIZING YOUR LEVELS – Using the Playstation®Eye, players can place their very own images within the levels for added personalization using the sticker and decorations tool.
• ENDLESS GAMING EXPERIENCE – With more than 1,250,000 user generated levels published on the PlayStation Network, fans will never run out of exciting environments to explore.
• ONLINE MULTI-PLAYER MODE – Players can make Sack-buddies with other players across the world (also known as “Happy Gadders”) to discover LittleBigPlanet together while they “Play, Create, and Share” online.
• SOCIAL NETWORKING TOOLS – When players want to play published levels, they can search for levels that suit their skill and taste by player ratings, tags like “Brilliant,” “Funny,” “Challenging,” or they can read through player comments.
• CHAT FUNCTIONALITY – Players are able to commute with the lovable SackBoy’s emotes (happy, angry, etc), but additionally, there is in-game chat support to aid collaborative efforts…or to increase the level of competition!
• TROPHY SUPPORT – LittleBigPlanet supports a host of fun and challenging trophies to collect along the way.
It is still not confirmed for our shores, but I am sure it will be. So if you have not yet bought a copy of this hugely popular game, you might want to hold out for this one.