The details below have pretty much been confirmed with the game officially being called Gears of War Ultimate Edition. The game will run at 1080p and 60fps.
There is an open beta running until 22 June for the game, and interested participants can register here.
Details have hit the internet, claiming to reveal what players can expect with a Gears of War Remastered edition for Xbox One. The details first appeared on the official Russian Gears of War website, but were quickly removed. Thanks to people with the eyes of a hawk and the speed of light, the following information was pulled, including a release date for the game of 25 August 2015. Of course, we should point out that the information should be considered a rumour until such time that it is officially confirmed.
Features [via Siliconera]:
- Adapted for Dolby 7.1 Surround
- 90 minutes of new content for campaign mode of the original game on PC
- New achievements for Xbox LIVE (player account 1250)
- Gallery sketches and comics available to unlock
- Streamlined multiplayer mode:
- 60 frames per second
- Dedicated servers
- Selection of players for skills
- New types of games, “Team Fight”, “King of the Hill” (in the style of Gears of War 3) and the new 2 2 Destruction “Gnasherom.”
- 19 cards, including downloadable content and exclusive cards from the PC version
- The ability to gain access to the 17 characters of Gears of War 3 multiplayer games
- New features match the settings, including the choice of parameters of the active charge, renewal, revival and the emergence of an independent arms.
- Streamlined gameplay more fluid movements and updated management system:
- Alternate control system and a brand new control scheme tournament
- All control parameters adapted for Xbox One
- Added features from your favourite Gears of Wars 3: Marking enemy targets, the use of the device in a multiplayer game, improved sensitivity setting.
Release date of the original game: August 25, 2015
Platform: Xbox One