We’ve done this sort of thing before – Ultimate Gamer at Ultimate X, UCON and even Trenchtown – but it’s been a while now, so we need to see who of you have the overall gaming skills to claim the title of Kamimodo Ultimate Gamer.
So what’s up for the contestants on the day? We’ll be testing mettle with Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, FIFA 15 and Injustice: Gods Among Us (please note that this may be changed to Mortal Kombat X). Players will be required to compete in all three games and points will be awarded based on placings. Get to the top of the overall leaderboard and you will be crowned the ‘Kamimodo Ultimate Gamer’.
Entry at the door is R60, but we are offering an ‘early bird’ registration which – if paid in advance – will only cost you R40. Pre-registration is not a necessity, but it will help us determine numbers for the event.
- Early Bird – R40 payable by 8:00am on 11 May 2015. Bank details will be sent via email to make payment.
- Standard – R60 payable on the day of the tournament.
All equipment will be supplied for the event, but feel free to bring your own controller if you prefer.
- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare: Xbox One. Free-for-all.
- FIFA 15: Xbox 360.
- Fighting: Injustice: Gods Among Us will be on PS4. Should title be Mortal Kombat X, platform will be confirmed.
- We will also set up a few freeplay titles to keep attendees entertained between their competitive games.
- Date: Saturday 16 May 2015
- Registration: 11:30am to 12:15am
- Matches: 12:30pm until completion
- Where: Kamimodo Esports Cafe, 238 Main Road, Observatory, Cape Town
- What: Kamimodo Ultimate Gamer
- Cost: R40 early bird registration fee per player | R60 per player on the day
- Prizes: Cash for first place and additional placings. Additional prizes to be confirmed.
[gravityform id=”13″ title=”true” description=”true”]
If you have any queries please email: email@example.com
Zombiegamer operates a ‘fair play’ policy. No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated. The Admin or Referees decision is final. Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event. Additional terms and conditions will be made available on www.zombiegamer.co.za. By signing this you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please note that we will no longer delay the start of events indefinitely. Should you not arrive on time and have not pre-registered, you can not participate. Should you pre-register and arrive late for your scheduled match (attempts to accommodate will be made) your opponent will be issued with a default win. Should that be in the loser’s bracket, you will be eliminated.
Registration fees are non-refundable if you do not attend on the day. Players only qualify for a refund of their registration fee if we are notified of non-attendance at least 48 hours prior to the day of the event.
- Please note that bringing food and drink purchased off-site is forbidden unless cleared with venue management.
- Rules, Gamertags and other items relevant to the match setup not to be changed.
- Controller settings can be changed.
- Custom classes can be changed.
- Own headsets and controllers may be used.
- Setup times for controllers, headsets, etc. will be restricted to five minutes only.
- No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated.
- The Admin or Referees decision is final.
- Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event.