We’re doing something a *little* different on 9 May at Kamimodo Esports Cafe in Observatory, Cape Town. We’re going racing. And drifting. In fact, we’re going slightly car crazy.
A variety of titles (and platforms) will be offered to attendees with one entry fee allowing access to all events (or one if preferred). Up for grabs will be cash and other items.
While entry at the door is R60, we are offering an ‘early bird’ registration which – if paid in advance – will only cost you R40. Pre-registration is not a necessity, but it will help us determine numbers for the event.
- Early Bird – R40 payable by 8:00am on 4 May 2015. Bank details will be sent via email to make payment.
- Standard – R60 payable on the day of the tournament.
All equipment will be supplied for the event, but feel free to bring your own controller if you prefer.
- Forza 5: Racing. Will be hosted on Xbox One with Thustmaster wheels and seats.
- Gran Turismo 6: Racing. Will be hosted on PS3 with Logitech wheels.
- Forza 4: Drifting. Will be hosted on Xbox 360 with controllers.
- Demo titles and ‘fastest lap’ events will be hosted too, with DriveClub (PS4) and Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360 and Xbox One) on offer. Unfortunately, due to the game’s delay Project CARS will not be available for demonstration as originally planned.
- Date: Saturday 9 May 2015
- Registration: 11:30am to 12:15am
- Matches: 12:30pm until completion
- Where: Kamimodo Esports Cafe, 238 Main Road, Observatory, Cape Town
- What: Racing
- Cost: R40 early bird registration fee per player | R60 per player on the day
- Prizes: Cash for first place and additional placings. Additional prizes to be confirmed.
[gravityform id=”12″ title=”true” description=”true”]
If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zombiegamer operates a ‘fair play’ policy. No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated. The Admin or Referees decision is final. Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event. Additional terms and conditions will be made available on www.zombiegamer.co.za. By signing this you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please note that we will no longer delay the start of events indefinitely. Should you not arrive on time and have not pre-registered, you can not participate. Should you pre-register and arrive late for your scheduled match (attempts to accommodate will be made) your opponent will be issued with a default win. Should that be in the loser’s bracket, you will be eliminated.
Registration fees are non-refundable if you do not attend on the day. Players only qualify for a refund of their registration fee if we are notified of non-attendance at least 48 hours prior to the day of the event.
- Please note that bringing food and drink purchased off-site is forbidden unless cleared with venue management.
- Rules, Gamertags and other items relevant to the match setup not to be changed.
- Controller settings can be changed.
- Custom classes can be changed.
- Own headsets and controllers may be used.
- Setup times for controllers, headsets, etc. will be restricted to five minutes only.
- No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated.
- The Admin or Referees decision is final.
- Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event.