343 Industries has announced that new Halo 4 multiplayer modes will launch alongside a title update next Monday, 26 November 26.
“If you’ve been dominating these modes with teammates, see how the game changes when it’s every Spartan for themselves.”
The FFA Throwback maps are Haven, Adrift, Complex, Solace and Abandon. The modes will support eight players and feature 12 minute rounds. You’ll need to amass 100 points to win on Oddball and 50 to win on King of the Hill.
Shea also released details of the Halo 4 patch released on Monday, which:
- Fixed exploit locations on Complex
- Fixed exploit locations on Haven
- Fixed exploit locations on Ragnarok
- Increased daily XP cap
- Reduced weighting for Ragnarok in BTB/KotH/CTF
- Reduced weighting for Haven in Infinity Slayer and SWAT
Shea also pointed out the following: “Please note that the map fixes only affect playlists and not on-disc custom game map variants. We’ll continue pushing out Matchmaking fixes for exploits and glitches on Mondays, and we appreciate those of you reporting those issues.”