Polyphony Digital have acknowledged that Gran Turismo 5 is experiencing some extreme online traffic congestion and therefore gamers may be experiencing problems online.
They say that because GT5 performs online access not only when participating in online races and using community features, but also when starting the game and during the various screen displays in GT Mode, this has unfortunately caused congestion which is also affecting standard gameplay.
They recommend that you temporarily play GT5 without connecting the PlayStation 3 (PS3) to the network.
(A) If you are finding it takes several minutes before being able to perform any actions in the following screens:
– Before the start of the opening movie, immediately after launching the game
– At the top screen after the game has started
– In various screens within GT Mode
(B) Or, when it takes several minutes or more to gain a result when the following operations are performed:
– When entering the open lobby, if it takes several minutes or more before the room list is acquired and displayed.
– When clicking on an ID in the participant list of a room, if it takes several minutes or more before the menu appears.
– When writing on the message boards within “Community”, if it is taking several minutes or more for your posts to appear.
* Also, some of the following features have been limited intentionally as a measure to temporarily alleviate some of the network traffic. Due to these limitations, you will find that:
– The viewing and update of the [Log] in the Community section of GT Mode has been temporarily disabled.
– Changes to the Profile may not update in some cases.
– Changes to the Friend List may not update in some cases.
Polyphony Digital assure gamers that they are “simultaneously working on several different solutions to improve the network status and alleviate the network congestion as soon as possible,” and they “are expecting to be able to provide a proper online service again soon.”