Hearthstone fans, your time has come at EGE 2016, and with it comes a R10,000 cash prize pool.
This event at EGE will be brought to you in conjunction with one of the local champions of Hearthstone in Weekly Level Up and will be played on both Saturday and Sunday of the expo. On the Friday, there will the school’s tournament, while a number of adhoc events will be hosted too.
The Saturday portion of the tournament will see 64 players participate in a best of three Swiss rounds component with the top eight players returning Sunday to battle in the best of five playoffs.
The entry requirement for players is that they are in possession of at least a weekend pass (R200 via Computicket) to compete in one title. Should you wish to compete in any additional main tournament (such as a fighting or the FIFA 16 tournament), you will be required to pay an additional R100.
Participants must register here now, and while walk-ins will be allowed on the Saturday (subject to meeting the entry fee requirements), it is recommended you secure your spot via registration and purchase your weekend pass.
You can also join the event page for this tournament here.
- Date: 30 and 31 July 2016
- Registrations/Check-in: 10:00am
- Matches: From 10:30am
- Where: Cape Town International Convention Centre, Hall 3, Cape Town
- What: Hearthstone (1v1)
- Cost: R200 Weekend Pass
- Prizes: R10,000 Prize Pool
- Please note: You must bring along your own device with Hearthstone installed and updated.
- REGISTER HERE
- If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Zombiegamer operates a ‘fair play’ policy. No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated. The Admin or Referees decision is final. Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event. Additional terms and conditions will be made available on www.zombiegamer.co.za. By signing this you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please note that we will no longer delay the start of events indefinitely. Should you not arrive on time and have not pre-registered, you can not participate. Should you pre-register and arrive late for your scheduled match (attempts to accommodate will be made) your opponent will be issued with a default win. Should that be in the loser’s bracket, you will be eliminated.
Registration fees are non-refundable if you do not attend on the day. Players only qualify for a refund of their registration fee if we are notified of non-attendance at least 48 hours prior to the day of the event.
- Please note that bringing food and drink purchased off-site is forbidden unless cleared with venue management.
- Rules, Gamertags and other items relevant to the match setup not to be changed.
- Controller settings can be changed.
- Custom classes can be changed.
- Own headsets and controllers may be used.
- Setup times for controllers, headsets, etc. will be restricted to five minutes only.
- No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated.
- The Admin or Referees decision is final.
- Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event.
Best of 3
3 Hero – 1 Ban
Participants must be present at the venue to compete.
Only players will be allowed into the competitor area.
Spectators will be asked to stay a reasonable distance from players to avoid any suspicion of foul play.
Should your match finish you will be requested to please keep your distance from other players.
No pen/paper or deck trackers of any kind will be allowed.
Players must be 13 years or older to enter.
Players can report their own score.
Ruleset subject to update and changes.
Saturday 30 July
- Swiss Rounds – All Day
Sunday 31 July
- Top 8 Best of 5 Playoff
- 4 Hero- 1 Ban
*Please ensure you check-in at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the legs.
- First Place – R5,000
- Second Place – R3,000
- Third Place – R1,000
- Fourth Place – R1,000
[efitems title=”Is there a limit to the number of players allowed to enter this tournament?” text=”Yes. A maximum of 64 players per tournament. This may be subject to change.”]
[efitems title=”Prize Payments” text=”The prize payouts for the event will be made by the EGE organisers, Impact Exhibitions. This payment may take up to 30 days after EGE to complete.”]
[efitems title=”What are the show dates and times?” text=”The expo itself will run from 10am to 7pm on Friday 29 July and Saturday 30 July. On Sunday 31 July it will be open 10am to 4pm. The competitive area will have specific times and schedules that will be detailed in the previous registration details.”]
[efitems title=”Is there cosplay at EGE 2016?” text=”Yes, there is. Details can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1722342784719852/”]
If you do feel compelled to make contact with us, we will do our best to answer you. Please be patient as there’s only so many hours in a day and we are also losing our workable limbs…
The following fine people will be working together to make EGE 2016 happen: