Dead Space Extraction is now on the PlayStation3 with Dead Space 2 Limited Edition for the first time in full HD. Dead Space Extraction on PlayStation 3 will offer the entire single-player game now complete with all-new trophy support, as well as co-op gameplay, using the new PlayStation Move motion controller.
The same will also support the standard DUALSHOCK 3 and SIXAXIS controllers. Players will be armed with an arsenal of weaponry and an easy-to-use control system customized to take full advantage of the capabilities of PlayStation Move. Dead Space Extraction will also be sold separately as a standalone game via the PlayStation Store.
Dead Space Extraction is a prequel that reveals the events leading up to Isaac Clarke’s mission on the USG Ishimura in Visceral Games’ award-winning Dead Space. Dead Space Extraction tells the story of a handful of space colonists desperately struggling to escape from a horrific infection on the Aegis VII mining colony deep in the furthest regions of space. The game introduces a new heroine, Lexine to the fiction and as the crew fall victim to a mysterious contagion aboard the ship, it becomes clear that protecting her may be their only hope for survival. Dead Space Extraction introduces all new characters, weapons, enemies, puzzles and co-operative multiplayer gameplay.
In every shadow, behind every corner, terror hides- so you can’t. Take on the struggle by yourself or with a friend to blast apart oncoming Necromorphs, solve innovative puzzles, and get to safety.
- An amazing story – Follow the lives of several different Aegis VII colony members as they fight off the Necromorph invasion and learn why Lexine is the key to their survival, all from a first person cinematic perspective that makes you feel like you’re really there.
- Setting and atmosphere – Play through an engrossing, interactive horror movie experience that pushes the boundaries of story-telling in a game. State-of-the art graphics and effects, panic-inducing sound, and a thrilling and scary pace will throw you headfirst into the terror which Dead Space is known for.
- New Gameplay Scenarios, Weapons, Abilities, and Enemies – Extraction offers first person dismemberment combat, epic boss fights, new weapons, enemies and puzzles while bringing back old favorites such as TK and stasis to create a unique gameplay experience.
- Cinematic Camera – Extraction uses a unique form of immersion with a cinematic first person shaky cam experience, making the game just as enjoyable to watch as it is to play.
- Co-op Optimized Gameplay – Team up with a friend to protect Lexine and fend off the Necromorphs on the USG Ishimura and the Aegis VII. Players can jump in and out of Extraction to play the Co-op mode