EA has revealed its preliminary financial results for its third fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2012, and it should come as now surprise that Dead Space 3 pre-orders are outdoing its predecessor. Crysis 3 pre-orders are tracking a healthy 40% ahead of Crysis 2.
EA has also become the top publisher in iOS gaming
Here are EA’s operating highlights:
- FIFA 13 sold through over 12 million units through the third quarter, a 23% increase versus FIFA 12 in the prior year.
- FIFA 13 digital net revenue topped $100 million* in the quarter, a 98% increase versus FIFA 12 in the prior year.
- Total FIFA digital net revenue generated over $230 million* in the first three quarters of fiscal 13, including EA SPORTS FIFA Online 2 and FIFA World Class Soccer that together contributed over $60 million*.
- Battlefield 3™ Premium generated over $108 million in sales through the third quarter, and has 2.9 million subscriptions to date.
- EA had six of the top twenty titles in Western World retail markets in 2012, compared to four in 2011, and was the #1 global publisher in the iOS game market for 2012.
- The Simpsons™: Tapped Out was a top grossing iOS game for the quarter, generating over $23 million* in digital net revenue.
- EA’s games and services for mobile, including handhelds, have generated approximately $100 million* in the quarter, an 18%* year-over-year increase in digital net revenue.
- EA’s Origin™ platform for downloading digital games and services has registered over 39 million users, including 17 million mobile users. EA has signed agreements with 86 independent developers for Origin.
- Trailing twelve-month non-GAAP digital net revenue was up 37% to a record $1.5 billion*.
- Trailing twelve-month operating cash flow was $378 million, a $135 million improvement versus the prior year.
- EA repurchased 12.2 million shares at a cost of $157 million in the third fiscal quarter, pursuant to a $500 million Share Repurchase Program announced on July 31, 2012, bringing the total shares repurchased under the current program to 20.6 million shares at a total cost of $265 million.
- Dead Space™ 3 pre-sells are outpacing Dead Space 2, and Crysis® 3 pre-orders are tracking 40% ahead of Crysis 2.