Details of the third piece of DLC for Borderlands 2 – ‘Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt’ – have been revealed a Reddit user.
Details of a future update were also spotted, and are set to introduce a bunch of new character customisation packs. The user in question found the following description and feature list for the Sir Hammerlock DLC:
Danger! Excitement! Mustaches! It’s time for another episode of Vault Hunter Adventures, featuring Sir Hammerlock! In this week’s tale, our hard-boiled heroes travel to the savage continent of Aegrus! Their goal? To uncover the most exotic creatures Pandora has to offer, and give ‘em the old one-two!
- One new head and one new skin for each class
- A new vehicle – the fanboat (summoned from a Catch-A-Boat station), with 68 of its own skins and corrosive, incendiary, and shock weapon mods
- Currently 12 side missions and 5 longer main story missions
- A new raid boss (“Imagine, if you will, a Stalker the size of a small building. Now imagine yourself killing it.”)
- More new Seraph items
- New kinds of enemies, like the borok and the scaylion
- Lots of monster-tracking side missions assigned by Sir Hammerlock
- A new swamp/jungle continent named Aegrus
- A self-important but not-so-well-known new enemy who is “super-pumped we’re archenemies now”, and who leads a tribe of jungle savages and has an evil plan that might actually work
- A new treasure room brimming with goodies… but with a time limit
- Claptrap. Always Claptrap. (“Those savages briefly distracted me from the crushing loneliness of my existence!”)
Screenshots of new weapons and items have also been published by MP1st. Head over and check them out if that’s your sort of thing.
The next bit of DLC has not been dated or priced as yet, but Season Pass holders will be able to download it as part of their initial investment.