On Saturday 29 August we’re flashing back to one of the most loved competitive entries into the Call of Duty franchise when we host a Black Ops 2 tournament at Trenchtown.
The tournament will be a 2v2 on Xbox 360, so you will need to find yourself a partner and ensure you both arrive on the day before someone more hungry than you does. We do want to treat this as a little bit of fun too, so if you’re going to be grumpy and serious like we’re playing for a lifetime of earnings, we will point and laugh at you on the day.
Final details such as the format, ruleset and more will be announced (and emailed to registered teams) in the run up to the event but for now it should be noted that the matches (in the winner’s bracket at least) will be best of three and will feature Hardpoint, Search and Destroy, and one additional mode in the event of a tiebreak. The tournament format will be (dependent on entries) either groups into playoffs or double elimination.
Entry fee for the tournament will be only R30 per player (R60 per team) and there is a guaranteed minimum cash prize pool of R1,000 up for grabs. You can pre-register below to help us determine entry numbers (please note that entries will be limited to 16 teams).
Payment up front will secure your spot (bank details will be emailed if requested), or payment can be made on the day, but if you are not at the venue 15 minutes before the start and have only pre-registered but not paid, your spot will be offered to any other team waiting.
All equipment (other than headsets) will be supplied for the event, but feel free to bring your own controller if you prefer, and if you still have a copy of Black Ops 2 on Xbox 360, bring that along too.
The tournament will share the venue with a monthly market, so feel free to bring the shopper in your family, or more cash to grab a few unique items.
- Date: Saturday 29 August 2015
- Registration: 11:00am to 11:30am
- Matches: 11:45am until completion (expect the full tournament to last at least seven hours)
- Where: Trenchtown, 92 Station Road, Observatory, Cape Town
- What: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (2v2)
- Cost: R30 registration fee per player | R60 registration fee per team
- Prizes: Cash for first place and additional placings. Additional prizes to be confirmed.
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
- Please note that by registering you agree to the ‘House Rules and ‘Terms and Conditions’ set out below.
- Contact cell numbers will allow us to make contact with missing teams on the day and will not be made public.
- If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A registration confirmation email may take up to 24 hours to be sent out. If after that time you have not been confirmed, please feel free to email us.
- We have already hit the 16 team limit – any additional registrations will be added to a waiting list and will get first option if registered teams withdraw.
Zombiegamer operates a ‘fair play’ policy. No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated. The Admin or Referees decision is final. Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event. Additional terms and conditions will be made available on www.zombiegamer.co.za. By signing this you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please note that we will no longer delay the start of events indefinitely. Should you not arrive on time and have not pre-registered, you can not participate. Should you pre-register and arrive late for your scheduled match (attempts to accommodate will be made) your opponent will be issued with a default win. Should that be in the loser’s bracket, you will be eliminated.
Registration fees are non-refundable if you do not attend on the day. Players only qualify for a refund of their registration fee if we are notified of non-attendance at least 48 hours prior to the day of the event.
- Please note that bringing food and drink purchased off-site is forbidden unless cleared with venue management.
- Rules, Gamertags and other items relevant to the match setup not to be changed.
- Controller settings can be changed.
- Custom classes can be changed.
- Own headsets and controllers may be used.
- Setup times for controllers, headsets, etc. will be restricted to five minutes only.
- No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated.
- The Admin or Referees decision is final.
- Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event.
To be confirmed.
BLACK OPS 2 RULESET
Current placings based on R1,000 prize pool:
- First: R600
- Second: R250
- Third: R150
- Shrek is love! – Shawn Swanson | Shaufwaan Slamdien
- Team Winterfelt – Yashen Moodley | Miran Moodley
- Agro Gaming – Tariq Rasiet | Alex Willemse
- Better Than Josh & Stef – Cristiano Dos Ramos | Zandre van Der Berg
- Zed-Zeero – Zubayr Essack | Wazeer Isaacs
- Ululu Brothers – Leigh “Lootzis” Muller | Liam “Lootie” Erasmus
- Doppel – Jessica Maij | Damian Buchanan
- Safe Haven – Uzair Toefy | Ziyaad Emeran
- Astra Infinite – Ariel Lawrence | Alton Coetzee
- Team Xedus – Xedus Sypher | Xedus Dreams
- eN F34R – Andrew Harris | Rory Burmeister
- Rainbows & Sprinkles – Kristen Davids | Keanu Spencer
- Fisherman and Farmer killers – Stefan May | Josh Bransgrove
- Intel – Oliver Donald | Adriano De Oliveira
- TENKMEN – Aidan Russell | Ryan Paul
- My Favourite Team – Luc Ellis | Oliver Erskine
- DECIMA7E – Cody Cloete | Kyle “Enderjant” Jantjies