It has been a while since we last hosted some competitive gaming at Trenchtown in Cape Town, but we felt it was time to rectify that situation.
For those not familiar with the name, Trenchtown was one of our regular event venues since the beginning of 2013, and ultimately it turned itself into one of Cape Town’s longest running gaming venues by default. We hosted well over 50 events at the venue across a variety of titles. We discovered some unknown players who have since gone on to represent some of the biggest esports organisations in the country.
We took some time away from the venue while the scene rushed ahead of itself, leaving us to wonder where the space was for the old community style events of the Trenchtown era. We believe after being embedded in the premier events of recent times that there is still – if not more than ever – a need for the social element of the Trenchtown tournaments. And we’re bringing it back.
We will be hosting a FIFA 19 tournament on 15 December 2018 and a Call of Duty Black Ops 4 tournament on 12 January 2019. Pre-registration for the FIFA is now open. Call of Duty registrations and details will follow.
The FIFA 19 will be hosted on PlayStation 4 only. All necessary equipment will be supplied but you may bring along your own controller if you prefer.
Entry fee for the FIFA 19 tournament R60 per player. Pre-registering only secures your spot until 10:45 on the day. After that walk-ins will be allowed to access remaining spots on a first come, first served basis. The entry number will be capped at 48 players.
- Date: Saturday 15 December 2018
- Registration: 10:00am to 10:45am
- Matches: 11:00am until completion
- Where: Trenchtown, 92 Station Road, Observatory, Cape Town
- What: FIFA 19 (1v1) on PlayStation 4
- Cost: R60 registration fee per player (at the door)
- Prizes: Cash
“This tournament is not affiliated with or sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. or its licensors.”
Online pre-registration is now closed Walk-ins will be accepted if player cap not hit.
- Please note that by registering you agree to the ‘House Rules and ‘Terms and Conditions’ set out below.
- Contact cell numbers will allow us to make contact with missing teams on the day and will not be made public.
- If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A registration confirmation email may take up to 24 hours to be sent out. If after that time you have not been confirmed, please feel free to email us.
- Please note that entry will be capped at 48 players. Once the cap has been reached, additional players will be placed on the waiting list and given first option should another team pull out.
Zombiegamer operates a ‘fair play’ policy. No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated. The Admin or Referees decision is final. Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament. The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event. Additional terms and conditions will be made available on www.zombiegamer.co.za. By signing this you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please note that we will no longer delay the start of events indefinitely. Should you not arrive on time and have not pre-registered, you can not participate. Should you pre-register and arrive late for your scheduled match (attempts to accommodate will be made) your opponent will be issued with a default win. Should that be in the loser’s bracket, you will be eliminated.
Registration fees are non-refundable if you do not attend on the day. Players only qualify for a refund of their registration fee if we are notified of non-attendance at least 48 hours prior to the day of the event.
- Please note that bringing food and drink purchased off-site is forbidden unless cleared with venue management.
- Rules, Gamertags and other items relevant to the match setup not to be changed.
- Controller settings can be changed.
- Custom classes can be changed.
- Own headsets and controllers may be used.
- Setup times for controllers, headsets, etc. will be restricted to five minutes only.
- No cheating, abusive language (or abusive actions to anyone at all) and activity deemed unacceptable to an enjoyable, but competitive tournament, will be tolerated.
- The Admin or Referees decision is final.
- Anyone who acts in a way not deemed in good spirit or clearly breaking policies will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- The player identification holders and lanyards are the property of Zombiegamer and are to be returned at the end of player participation in the event.
- [Three-player] groups into playoff
- Match Format: Should the match be tied after regulation time, classic extra time must be played. If the match is still tied, a penalty shootout will decide the winner.
FIFA 19 RULESET
Difficulty Level: World Class
Half Length: 5 minutes
Trainer must be OFF
Dynamic Tactics allowed
Timed Finish ON
Time/Score display: On
Home Auto Switching: User Settings
Away Auto Switching: User Settings
Referee Card Strictness and Foul Strictness: Both must be average
Stadium: Neutral ground when no Home and Away leg is played
Game Speed: Normal
Goalkeeper Control: Players are allowed to use the TRIANGLE button only to control your Goalkeeper. You CANNOT touch pad button or ‘Select’ to control your Goalkeeper.
Replays: If you score a goal you cannot watch all three replays, once is fine.
Time Wasting: Should you be leading in a game and start passing around in the back you will be immediately disqualified. Please call a referee if you suspect your opponent is wasting time. Should you wait until after the game, the result will stay as is, as there is nothing for the admins to rule on.
Volume Settings: Default
Defending: Tactical Defending ONLY
Pass Power Assistance must be OFF
a) All teams allowed except for ‘all-star’ teams
b) Same team allowed on both sides
c) If opponent chooses to play international it is up to you to play a club or international side
No cursing, shouting, bumping or distracting your opponent.
Pause the game only if you have the ball and have given your opponent a heads up if you are going to pause. Both players must agree they are ready to resume the match.
The ball must be passed back once before you can cross in to the opponents half, you cannot run in to his half straight from kick off.
If you set up your controller, please save it on temporary assigned slot.
It is up to you as player to check your controls before the game starts, the admins and organisers will not be held liable for controllers that are not set up.
Should a console freeze alert one of the admins. If it is still in the 1st half the game will be replayed full but the game continues from the score upon which the screen froze. If it froze in the 2nd half the game is restarted and only one half of the game is played and the score is as it was upon freezing of the console.
THE ADMINS RULING IS FINAL.
*Rules are subject to change.
Prize pool per player placing:
- First: R800 cash
- Second: R400 cash
- Third: R300 cash
*This may be subject to change should attendance be low.
- Akhona Komanisi
- Ashley Murray
- Mnikelo Mkam
- Nassir Brown
- Shakeel Ingram
- seraj arnold
- Hassan Sheikh
- Lwazi Mtyuda
- Yandisa A. Plaatjie
- Andinho Wehr
- Malibongwe Madikane
- Wandile Mbokotho
- Nieyaaz Adams
- Luvuyo Wana
- Brandon Bowers
- Luke Gabriel
- Bonga Mnduzulwana
- kaidon franz
- Ashwin Murray
- Muzammil Mowzer
- Phumlani Plaatjie
- Fungai Nyabonda
- lance september
- Mubeen Gaffoor
- Storm Johnson
- Asavela Nkebe
- Xavier Bell
- Mfundo Matsekete
- Zuhayr Abrahams
- Uzair Abrahams
- Tevin Classen
- Jarred Smith
- Ashley Roman
- Naaib Vawda
- Auracio Junies
- storm saaiman
- Roland Solomons
[efitems title=”Is there a limit to the number of players allowed to enter this tournament?” text=”Yes. A maximum of 48 players.”]
[efitems title=”Prize Payments” text=”The cash prizes will be made immediately after the event to the top three players.]
Our headsets are supplied by:
Our networking solution is supplied by:
Our PCs for streaming is supplied by:
Our retail partner is: